celebrities on board ?

ma_t_gus

Hi NCL_Cruiser and immargaret,

I just left the Star this past Friday to spend Easter with Hannah and Lori. I'm off to join the Jewel for the Summer in Europe and will rejoin the Star for Mexico in September. Hannah loves school and her teacher used to be a Youth Councilor for NCL...how cool!

Simon Murray is the Cruise Dircetor on the GEM and it should be an awesome season for them in Alaska.

Shawn Farquhar

all around nice guy

"it's my job"

The only real celebrity I've met at sea was this gentleman's daughter. During our Alaskan cruise I encountered her at the kids buffet line, where she very politely but in no uncertain terms told me I was too old to be in that line. (I was scoring food for my little girl). She also told me she was five, which her dad told us later was a slight fib.;)

Jimmy Osmond performed on Legend of the Seas when we were on it. I thought he was awful. He pretty much used the whole performance to brag about how great he and his family are.

On Enchantment of the Seas, we saw, oh gosh, I forgot her name. Oh, I know! Charro! My husband loved her!! He was very good and very friendly on the ship.

LOADS!

kim cattrall on the dawn - she's gorgeous!

rosie on the pearl - sweetie! discussed her scene from nip/tuck when she's ahem, with christian (you know which scene!)

other people sighted - senator inouye, n'sync member (no clue which one!), prime minister of bermuda, and COLIN VEITCH! of course.

I saw George Nader on a Navy ship in 1956--does that count? He was on an LST near Annapolis for the debut of "Away All Boats!", a story about wartime amphibious warfare. I was in a Navy band that was there to celebrate the induction of a large group of Navy recruits, and the movie was being introduced at the same time. He was very tanned and slick-looking, but what drew my eye was the most attractive female Navy yeoman I've ever seen, who was assigned to him. She must have been secreted away somewhere in the Pentagon--I sure never saw the likes of her anywhere else in the Navy! :D

So, it appears that celebrities don't travel on NCL. - only B level and those who are paid to travel on NCL for publicity reasons.

A quick poll of a few authentic "celebrities" tells me they laugh at NCL and choose Crystal or Regent hands down.

So, it appears that celebrities don't travel on NCL. - only B level and those who are paid to travel on NCL for publicity reasons.

A quick poll of a few authentic "celebrities" tells me they laugh at NCL and choose Crystal or Regent hands down.

The real A list would not even be seen on those mass market lines. For them it is charters. Here is Tiger's toy boat.

041010_tigers_yacht_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

I understand his new yacht is currently undergoing sea trials

tiger-woods-yacht.jpg

The real A list would not even be seen on those mass market lines. For them it is charters. Here is Tiger's toy boat.

041010_tigers_yacht_hmed_1p.hmedium.jpg

I understand his new yacht is currently undergoing sea trials

tiger-woods-yacht.jpg

Sand traps are one thing but I never did like the water hazards! :eek:

All on the Norway:

Jonathan Frid (who played vampire Barnabas Collins on a daytime Gothic soap called "Dark Shadows")

Vanna White from "Wheel of Fortune." Pat Sajak got on and off the ship in Miami.

The late Helen O'Connell, big band singer.

Dick VanPatten a.k.a Tom Bradford was on our Celebrity Zenith cruise 3 years ago to Bermuda.

He was very nice. But I had to control my hubby. he kept wanting to go ask him to take a picture and if he said yes....hand him the camera and pose with the kids.....sheesh

Some soap opera dude from the Bold and the Beautiful on the Pearl - he played "Thorne" or something like that on the B&B.- April 13 sailing - who thought he was all that and a bag of chips -

He was okay and somewhat entertaining - he got a free cruise and I guess he liked being onboard.

We were on the Star and Brooke Burke was on board. She was the ship's godmother, and it was only like the second cruise after the christening (she was actually known back then). She did an autograph session by the pool one day. For $5 I got an autograph on her swimsuit calendar. No kiss though! :p

The only real celebrity I've met at sea was this gentleman's daughter. During our Alaskan cruise I encountered her at the kids buffet line, where she very politely but in no uncertain terms told me I was too old to be in that line. (I was scoring food for my little girl). She also told me she was five, which her dad told us later was a slight fib.;)

This little one is going to put her daddy out of business someday!

How's the opposition going Shawn? Heard the devilish duo will be exploring the Mediterranean this summer. Good thing there will be an adult (Hannah) around to keep you two in line! (Wish it was me! :D)

And, yes, I consider Shawn a celebrity. He is an awesome entertainer, an all around nice guy and has a wonderful family.

(ahhh Shawn - that'll cost you!;))

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen more "A list" celebs on the NCL ships but they prefer to keep their privacy so I listed only those who made their presense know to most.

To Crew Mom...Yup ...the two Shawn's are off to the Med along with my family...sure is going to be a fun Summer...

Shawn

Archived