Baggage before departure

rsingleton

My flight arrives to san juan at 1pm but we don't embark until 10pm.. How early can I get my bags on the boat and what should/can I do for 8 hours int he meantime. I don't want to carry around luggage for 4 people that long.

Thanks alot

Are you sure the ship doesn't leave at 10:00 pm? You can probably get on the ship straight from the airport. I could be wrong depending on which cruise line you're going on, but the ones I've seen start boarding much earlier in the day even if they leave at 10:00 or 11:00 at night.

Having spoke with Carnival, you can drop you luggage with the porters at the pier as early as noon. Boarding, the web site states, begins at 2:00PM. But it could begin earlier if the ship clears customs, and the passengers from the previous cruise debark in a timely manner.........

We just got back from the Destiny that sailed 3/18. We were at the pier at 12:30 or so. The porters will take your check in luggage, or you can check in also.

Keep what carry-on you might want. Boarding was a breeze even with a bit of a line. We were on the ship a little after 1pm and enjoying the buffet. They ask you to not access your room until 2:30 pm so they can clean.

We just relaxed on board. On a previous cruise, we took the free trolley across the street about a block and enjoyed El Morro - 4 hours were gone before we knew it!

Have a great time!

Great. Thanks for the advice. I'll drop by bags off and go off walking somewhere enjoying SJ while I'm there.

PennyQueen, did you take a taxi to the pier or cruise transfer.? Any idea on cost of taxi and approx. how long.

rsingleton,

We flew in the night before on both cruises out of San Juan. Hotel was in Isla Verde next to the airport.

This last trip cost us 19.50 with luggage so expect around that much. Do get an agreement on price before taking off in the taxi! We have a pretty funny story about that!

See if this link works. It has good information. We really enjoyed the Destiny and all the ports of call. Probably our best cruise - so far....

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/puerto-rico-transportation.php#taxi

Archived