Midnight buffet - Galley tour

New KAJO

The regular buffet I believe is open 24 hours, but I don't think they have a gala buffet, just because everyone is usually in bed early from being exhausted from being in port all day and having to be up early for another one in the morning.

We've been on both the Spirit and the Dawn within the past year and no midnight buffet or galley tour on either. Recently, on the HAL Volendam, they did have a very extensive galley tour which ended with a demo by the Head Chef.

The regular buffet I believe is open 24 hours, but I don't think they have a gala buffet, just because everyone is usually in bed early from being exhausted from being in port all day and having to be up early for another one in the morning.

No, the buffet is not open 24 hours on PoH. Blue Lagoon is open until midnight and they have a limited-selection 24-hour room service. There is no midnight buffet, chocolate buffet, etc.

And as of a PoH sailing in Feb 2007, they did not offer any Galley or Bridge Tours. You can view the bridge behind glass at certain times during the day.

The buffet closes (quite promptly, if not a little early) at 9pm.

Most restaurants do their last seatings around 9pm.

The Blue Lagoon, opens at 10:30pm and stays open until 5:00am. (when the buffet opens up again.)

So... if you get hungry at 10pm - you're pretty much out of luck.:rolleyes: You can wait for the Blue Lagoon to open, or go to your room for room service (which is rather limited late at night).

The menus at night are short, short. Can't be too picky here. But it's food, that much is true.

There are no late night buffets. Heck, you're lucky to get a drink after midnight - the bars have no "set" closing time... they just close, when they close, it seems. The ship seems deserted after midnight (with the exception of staff and crew roaming around).

It's true that there is *very* little night life on these ships. you'll hear this statement quite a bit: "it's HAWAII, you're not there for what's on the ship!!!" :rolleyes: Keep that in mind, and you won't be disappointed. ;)

Archived