Does this mean I will receive a gift?

Riley's Mom

About a month ago I sent a nice email to Bob DIckerson letting him know that we would be cruising again this year with Carnival and that I appreciated the good service,etc.

Today, I received an email from him thanking me for the kind comments and welcoming me back this year. No mention of picking out a gift or saying that I would receive anything upon cruising.

I have read that others receiving a letter /email from Mr Dickerson did receive a thank you gift upon arriving at the ship..

Can anyone tell me if they have ever rec'd a letter /email but no thank you gift??

I am hoping I receive something..I hope this doesn't sound greedy..I am just excited about my cruise and thankful to be going..anything extra would be a plus..

Thanks as always,

Carla

About a month ago I sent a nice email to Bob DIckerson letting him know that we would be cruising again this year with Carnival and that I appreciated the good service' date='etc.[/color']

Today, I received an email from him thanking me for the kind comments and welcoming me back this year. No mention of picking out a gift or saying that I would receive anything upon cruising.

I have read that others receiving a letter /email from Mr Dickerson did receive a thank you gift upon arriving at the ship..

Can anyone tell me if they have ever rec'd a letter /email but no thank you gift??

I am hoping I receive something..I hope this doesn't sound greedy..I am just excited about my cruise and thankful to be going..anything extra would be a plus..

Thanks as always,

Carla

Its what they call a 45 Day letter, it comes from Guest Relations, not UB. Does it say to call with in 45 Days of cruising? and does it have a number you have to give them to confirm it?

Fred

We received a letter back, thanking us for our comments, and a note that we would receive a 15% discount on a future cruise within a certain time period. We actually used the discount, but after learning so much on Cruise Critic, I probably could have got a better deal on my own!:rolleyes:

Note: Carnival had arranged our wedding in Ocho Rios, and we had spent a TON of $$$ on the ship, so I'm sure we were 'flagged' for a discount or something, tho' I never expected a reply, let alone the letter/discount!:)

Some people send letters/e-mails 'hoping' to receive something for their efforts... Wasn't our intention at all..:D

I've gotten emails thanking me for the reviews I have sent, from Bob's email address... and no "gift", and I've gotten 45 day letters for gifts... they were acknowledging your comments... which is great, it doesn't happen all the time, but I can't see why getting a response would mean getting a gift. Did you include in your email that you wanted something free?? LOL I think it's great you got an acknowledgement... but if you did it to just get something free, it was pretty much a waste of their time, and sounds like a waste of yours too

I don't think you should write to a company just because you think you'll get a free gift from them (which it kinda sounds like you did). I woud just be happy that I got a letter back from them, since most companies don't acknowledge some people's comments..whether negative or positive.

Is DJPaul flipping me the "bird"...look at his avatar?? Am I seeing things>??

Thanks for your responses.

Carla..."The Greedy"

I guess I will have to watch what I ask/post from now on...

Yes, you are seeing things :p

You don't have to watch what you ask... but if you ask "am I being greedy", you probably already know the answer ;) And if you ask a board with 250K members, be prepared for a few people to answer your question honestly ;)

The only time you get free gifts is if you complain about some aspect of the service or the ship. :(

Not true at all... I send a several page review after every cruise, and many times have received a 45 day letter... Now, it's only about $10, not worth doing anything JUST to get that, LOL>..

The only time you get free gifts is if you complain about some aspect of the service or the ship. :(

That's not true..we'd been on the Legend 3 times this past year and I wrote an email commenting on the great crew etc.....I received a nice email from Bob's office and a few days later I received the 45 day letter. I called and they're giving me 4 drink coupons....yippee! :D

I've sent UB letters before, when we had major problems go wrong (not Carnival problems, just those things that happen, weather, etc). Just wanted to let him know that through all the chaos Carnival came through with flying colors!:D Didn't want anything or expect anything, just wanted him to thank those that took care of our issues and let him know how they went above and beyond. Received a very, very nice Thank You from UB, that was it. But I was very happy because he also forwarded the email to those that helped us out...... That was my intent....:p :p

About a month ago I sent a nice email to Bob DIckerson letting him know that we would be cruising again this year with Carnival and that I appreciated the good service' date='etc.[/color']

Thanks as always,

Carla

That's not true..we'd been on the Legend 3 times this past year and I wrote an email commenting on the great crew etc.....I received a nice email from Bob's office and a few days later I received the 45 day letter. I called and they're giving me 4 drink coupons....yippee! :D

Carla, don't let anyone here get you down. I don't think you are trying to be greedy, just hoping that you might get a little something extra. That is human nature. After reading all the posts from people that HAVE received freebies it would be natural for you to hope for the same. It just makes the cruise even more special when you do get something like drink or photo coupons. Geez, it's not like you asked for a free cruise or anything.....:rolleyes:

I think everyone needs to lighten up a little. :cool:

(Go ahead, flame away......I can take it! :p )

Carla, don't let anyone here get you down. I don't think you are trying to be greedy, just hoping that you might get a little something extra. That is human nature. After reading all the posts from people that HAVE received freebies it would be natural for you to hope for the same. It just makes the cruise even more special when you do get something like drink or photo coupons. Geez, it's not like you asked for a free cruise or anything.....:rolleyes:

I think everyone needs to lighten up a little. :cool:

(Go ahead, flame away......I can take it! :p )

I truly thank you for your kind words. Sometimes I am afraid to post something because of all the self-righteous people that answer back who will twist my true meaning.. You are correct.. this is a forum to help others and to answers questions,,not to flame and belittle others..

Again, Thanks

Carla

Oh Boy...I can feel the heat!!!i

Oh Boy...I can feel the heat!!!i

:D Can't take the heat' date=' get out of the kitchen ....lol[/b'] ;) :D

But seriously Mom, you know, where Mr DICKINSON (not Dickerson ;) ) really shines is when you have a problem on a cruise that was not correctly addressed, the Captain speaks from first-hand experience dealing with the gentleman affectionately referred to on here as UB (Uncle Bob).

Last month the captain had started a thread about some problems encountered on a recent cruise, calling Guest Relations, emailing them and also snail-mailing them garnered NO response, an email to UB garnered a response, and the Captain here quotes from the reply "at the direction of Mr Dickinson himself............................." the same day the email was sent to him.

Matter resolved to the Captain's and the Mrs complete satisfaction, for obvious confidentiality, the captain will not disclose the outcome.

Happy cruising everyone :)

:D Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen ....lol ;) :D

But seriously Mom, you know, where Mr DICKINSON (not Dickerson ;) ) really shines is when you have a problem on a cruise that was not correctly addressed, the Captain speaks from first-hand experience dealing with the gentleman affectionately referred to on here as UB (Uncle Bob).

Last month the captain had started a thread about some problems encountered on a recent cruise, calling Guest Relations, emailing them and also snail-mailing them garnered NO response, an email to UB garnered a response, and the Captain here quotes from the reply "at the direction of Mr Dickinson himself............................." the same day the email was sent to him.

Matter resolved to the Captain's and the Mrs complete satisfaction, for obvious confidentiality, the captain will not disclose the outcome.

Happy cruising everyone :)

I agree... UB is great for serious matters, the CEO of a cruise line isn't the person to be emailing about "being excited about an upcoming cruise"... I guess though, if that is why you are writing, it was probably obvious as to the intent. If the OP wanted a better chance of getting "something" she should have sent the letter to guest relations. It would be like me emailing Bill Gates and telling him I was getting ready to buy some new software... I would send any correspondence of a nature like this to guest relations and not worry the CEO's staff... just MHO.

I truly thank you for your kind words. Sometimes I am afraid to post something because of all the self-righteous people that answer back who will twist my true meaning.. You are correct.. this is a forum to help others and to answers questions' date=',not to flame and belittle others..

Again, Thanks

Carla

Oh Boy...I can feel the heat!!!i[/quote']

What!

Someone being flamed on this board?

Who'd a' thought it?

Sincerely, the extra crispy mzloolue

Actually, I don't think you were being greedy...you were excited and curious.

Archived