POA 7/25 review

ptngr

Catmomma, the shuttle definitely should be running around the times you mentioned. It runs continuosly but when it's not a busy time they do wait at either end so the round trip can take 15-25 minutes. (I think they've only got one operating.) I don't think the shuttle is wheelchair compatible, though. Can your mom walk a few steps up the shuttle? (Taxi would be easier to get on/off) I don't specifically recall seeing taxis but would be very surprised if they're not available. (You might have to walk to the gate to catch one.)

bankofdad, more info for your Pearl Harbor decision. We went to the Missouri on monday morning. When we got there (before 9am), the line to the Arizona was very long, wrapping around the block. When we got back (around 10:45am), there was no more line. I guess the ticket ran out by then.

Yes my Mom can walk a little bit at a time so she could walk into the shuttle and we could fold her chair to take with us. Thanks for the shuttle info. I think we will just get out of the ship with a hour or so to spare and see if that will work for us, if not a taxi should be pretty easy to get. The wedding coordinator wanted to charge $200 for a limo to go from ship to the beach and I said forget it!

We were on the 7/18 POA cruise. We booked the Pearl Harbor shore excursion a couple of months before we left. We got a notice on our door that our excursion had been cancelled because they could no longer guarantee our arrival at the airport as the lines are too long at the memorial. Then it was off the the shore excursion desk because we were wondering how we could miss our flight that wasn't until three days later. They told us that they were not running that tour but could fit us into another one that did Pearl Harbor and the city tour for an additional cost. We really wanted to see Pearl Harbor so we paid the additional money and went on that one. We got the the memorial at 8:30 and then got in the long line. We finally got our tickets and were told to be back at 12:15. We loaded back into the bus and did the city tour, Punchbowl, etc. Headed back in time and then were at the airport before 2:00. We got our rental car and then enjoyed Oahu for the next couple of days.

Archived