Did It Work...smuggling/what Kind

debster818

Okay, Haven't Read Any New Threads Coming From People Just Off Cruises In The Past 2 Weeks. Did Anyone Bring "smuggled" Booze On Board? Did You Get Caught? Or Did Your Smuggling Go Unnoticed? Leaving In 21 Days On Celebration

IMG_0066.jpg.65093980c6d4937aadf20d02c7a81387.jpg

With advice on how to do it from other member of these boards, I brought a bottle of Crown Royal, bottle of Vodka, a twelve pack of beer and soda. We put it in our checked baggage, not our carry on and it went through with no problems. Now I put maybe 8 bottles of water in the kids back pack to bring on and they took each one out and checked to make sure they had not been opening before. They let us keep them and said that there can be no open containers in the terminal. My husband had to toss the coke he was drinking. Anyways, that was last week, we were on the Pride. We still ended up spending $3100 on the ship. Next time I will pack less clothes and more beer. Over $5 for a coors light is ridiculas and over $6 for a corona is just stupid. But, we still bought them when we ran out of what we brought. I also brought a big tumbler that I would use to fill up with the fruit punch...now at the bottom of that punch was the vodka. Worked like a charm. Now I was told before we cruised the the soda cards were $20. They were marked up to $28 on our cruise...it's spring break after all. So with that said, if someone reads this and doesn't agree with bringing on your own boose...well, the cruise line doesn't mind sticking it to us and jacking up the prices for Spring Break now do they!!!

Happy sailing!

With advice on how to do it from other member of these boards, I brought a bottle of Crown Royal, bottle of Vodka, a twelve pack of beer and soda. We put it in our checked baggage, not our carry on and it went through with no problems. Now I put maybe 8 bottles of water in the kids back pack to bring on and they took each one out and checked to make sure they had not been opening before. They let us keep them and said that there can be no open containers in the terminal. My husband had to toss the coke he was drinking. Anyways, that was last week, we were on the Pride. We still ended up spending $3100 on the ship. Next time I will pack less clothes and more beer. Over $5 for a coors light is ridiculas and over $6 for a corona is just stupid. But, we still bought them when we ran out of what we brought. I also brought a big tumbler that I would use to fill up with the fruit punch...now at the bottom of that punch was the vodka. Worked like a charm. Now I was told before we cruised the the soda cards were $20. They were marked up to $28 on our cruise...it's spring break after all. So with that said, if someone reads this and doesn't agree with bringing on your own boose...well, the cruise line doesn't mind sticking it to us and jacking up the prices for Spring Break now do they!!!

Happy sailing!

Did you pack the original bottle of Vodka? or put it in something? We leave in less than 10 days....Thanks!

Just returned yesterday from a Carnival Cruise. Here's how we smuggled. We got an empty bottle of pre-wash rinse "mouthwash". The one in the white bottle. You can smuggle any clear liquor in it because the oringinal liquid in the bottle is clear also. We simply packed in in with our bathroom supplies in a ziplock bag with our other mouthwash.

We left the Crown and Vodka in the original packageing. We packed the Crown in the original box and the vodka was in it's original bottle with bubble wrap around it. The soda and bear were in there original boxes too.

My best advice is still... Less clothes, more beer!

Oh, and the highlighter and bungee cord. Both were musts.

I just don't see how Carnival would have the time or the means to go through every piece of luggage to look for smuggled booze. 3000 pax X 2 pcs of luggage = 6000 pcs of luggage, all wanting to be delivered within a short time period. I'm not sure that they ever xrayed every single piece, probably had the dogs sniff for explosives, but seriously, I will be VERY surpised if they start removing liquor from suitcases, no matter what type of container it's in. Especially if you lock your suitcase like they recommend! What are they going to do, break the lock to take out your mouthwash container?

I think they will crack down on the carry on policy, but not the checked luggage, it just seems like SO much more work for them!

In my party of 20 last week, there was every type of beverage imaginable in every container imaginable in the checked luggage. It all made it on safely. Even made it on in the carry on in the ports not problem.

But....that was last week. The policy clearly has changed on the website. Are they enforcing it? Not last week they weren't. Heck, what do they enforce?

Maybe it was just a starting gesture on their part, put it in print, hoping that it will deter some of the abusers, with no real intent to enforce it. Who knows, only time will tell, starting this week maybe we'll know more.

Archived