4 those cruising in 2008

Lefty888

We book early for two reasons.......... First we need a quad, they only have so many of those (have never been able to find a quad on last minute deals) and second is we want to make sure and get the military discount :D

I wasn't aware they only have a certain amount of military discounts on each ship:(

Hi PMoniz! Nice to see you on a different thread for a change!

I'm also going to go crazy waiting for our April 2008 NYC Miracle cruise. I have a special count down calendar at my desk at work too. It's going to be a long year!!!

Hello!!!

It is going to be a long year.

Didn't we just talk about things like this happening !?!

I was referring to the poster who said they make payments, buy fun dollars etc......

Who said anything about bad people:confused:

Why do you care how I spend or save my money...Just because it's not how you do it doesn't mean it's wrong....It works for me:D

Many reasons for booking early, for me.

- To get the stateroom I want. Aft balcony, wrap if possible.

- The farther in advance it is, the longer I get to dream about it. Anticipation builds the joy of anything.... including a cruise. ;)

- To get the cheapest airfare in advance. It goes up the longer you wait.

- To get the plane seats I want.

- To get the travel insurance at the cheapest rate. It goes up the longer you wait.

- To be able to get a guarantee when booking a hotel room the night before. We go down a day early. Don't want to chance not getting a room where I want.

- etc. etc.

If you don't have a long term plan, it's just guesswork! :)

Why do you care how I spend or save my money...Just because it's not how you do it doesn't mean it's wrong....It works for me:D

Unbelievable........did I say I cared? And did I say it was wrong? I just said it makes more sense to me to save for it and make interest on your money. Ya might want to reread my posts......

I could care less if you don't want to make a little extra spending money........do what ever feels best for you...

Many reasons for booking early, for me.

- To get the cheapest airfare in advance. It goes up the longer you wait.

- To get the plane seats I want.

- To get the travel insurance at the cheapest rate. It goes up the longer you wait.

-

That's not true....alot of airlines don't even release prices until about 6 months out.

And how is booking a year in advance cheaper for travel insurance:confused:

i just booked the miracle w/ no discounts or sales except for super saver rate. this is the furthest out i have ever booked, and i am paying a lot (close to $7k for 5 pax, cruise only, no air, no transfers, no insurance), but, trust me, i wasn't the first to book it, LOL, cabins were gone already! (and cabins for this July are already more $ than for 2008).

cruises out of NY are expensive and fill up fast. i am truly hoping that i'll get some discount on this sailing b/4 2008, but know i can't bank on that. but, if i want to go, i had to take the cabins off the table. ;)

now, FRED -- are you here? can you tell me what to adjust on my computer so that i can see the countdown clocks. i see nothing but a red "X". thanks, trish

...To get the travel insurance at the cheapest rate. It goes up the longer you wait...:)

is this only w/ certain companies? i never remember this happening w/ any cruise. i thought the ins premium was determined on total price of what you are insuring?

So we can pay on it over time...And we buy fun ship dollars every month...So when we sail the cruise is paid for....Tips are prepaid...Sail&sign has plenty of cash on it....No credit card Bill:D

What do you mean when you say you buy fun ship dollars? Can you buy those for yourself? I have done SO much research on everything having to do with cruising, but i never read up on what fun ship dollars are!:confused: :D

2008?? Try January 2009!!! :eek:

Wow!! I thought March of 2008 was far out there. This is the longest that we will have waited to cruise :eek: :eek: . Not sure exactly how we are going to handle the waiting - but that is half the fun ;) . Right??!!??!:rolleyes:

LeighNTexas,

Can you adopt me????? ;) I want to go on all those great cruises you have planned:)

:D Isn't that crazy? I got divorced a little over a year ago, my ex husband married his 25 year old secretary, so i decided to think about something I wanted to do, and I found cruising! I stayed home for 19 years and raised my kids, my youngest is 16, and it has been a rough year for all of us. I know i won't be able to travel that much EVERY year, but THIS year is gonna be GREAT!! Oh, to answer your adoption question...Ummm, NO!!! lol!!:p

:D Isn't that crazy? I got divorced a little over a year ago, my ex husband married his 25 year old secretary, so i decided to think about something I wanted to do, and I found cruising! I stayed home for 19 years and raised my kids, my youngest is 16, and it has been a rough year for all of us. I know i won't be able to travel that much EVERY year, but THIS year is gonna be GREAT!! Oh, to answer your adoption question...Ummm, NO!!! lol!!:p

You go girl!!!! Travel early and often - enjoy them all ;)

What do you mean when you say you buy fun ship dollars? Can you buy those for yourself? I have done SO much research on everything having to do with cruising, but i never read up on what fun ship dollars are!:confused: :D

Does anyone have an answer to this? I have never heard of Fun Ship Dollars either.

Angie

We book very early because we like to be able to chose our rooms and get rooms together with our friends - there is usually 3 cabins. It gives us time to really research the area we will be visiting. Especially places that we will probably never get to more than once (such as Italy, Hawaii etc). We can research the excursions, ask lots of questions on this board, check out local tour groups etc.) It also helps us to plan expenses for excursions etc. We figure out how much we need then every pay day we put money in the savings account for this trip. It also makes the trip longer (I count the months of planning).

Linda & Tom

Does anyone have an answer to this? I have never heard of Fun Ship Dollars either.

Angie

fun ship dollars are gift certificates. some people buy them in increments (for themselves) to pay down the cost of the cruise or to save them and take them w/ them to have applied on board (by purser's desk) to their S&S account. they are available through the bon voyage dept.

We just booked our Alaska cruise for Sept. 2008 - over one year to go!!

We got a full suite with a wrap balcony - aft. This is our first cruise & I think I will spend my time reading this site. So much to learn.

Can anyone tell me about how long before the cruise we can ask for the military discount? I booked with Carnival & she said the discount had not been applied yet - but to call back as we would get the discount as soon as it was posted.

Thanks!

Linda

I have to wait until may of 08. What's worse is I'm also waiting for my wedding. The anticipation is REALLY killing me already. I keep wishing it was this spring. ESPECIALLY in the midwest right now. I hate the weather. Over 2 feet in the past 4 days at my house

We booked our cruise for 3/30/08 on the Valor last month. I am finally proud to say we are "Less the one year away" from our cruise. We were discussing a big trip with the kids for next year and it just evolved into a cruise search. We found this cruise and it seem just what we wanted. We decided on booking connecting inside cabins and since the Valor only has 3 sets we found a price and booked. We are not out anything since the deposit is fully refundable up until the final payment is due. So why not.

Now spring break is here in WI and I am watching it snow while everyone else is warm sunny FL. I am consoling myself with the fact the next spring break I will be packing for my cruise. YEAH!!!!

Actually, I like having a year to plan ahead. We're booked on the Conquest for 3/23/08. In the next year if I see a dress, swimsuit, shoes, etc., that I think would be perfect for the cruise, I can buy it and not feel the pressure of the limited amount of time I have before our cruise. Also...at the end of this summer, all of the "cruisewear" (as we call it :D ) will be on clearance. I'll be able to stock up on shorts, halter tops, tshirts....whatever!!!! :)

Our last cruise was on February 11 and I felt rushed because first I had to handle the holidays...then...we had to start thinking about our cruise. Six weeks to get everything I needed for a 7 day cruise including formal wear....it was insanity!!! :eek:

Archived