Ok to drink the water???

Lefty888

I recently had a friend/acquaintance who returned from a Western Carib. cruise...she said that she was asking a Carnival employee about water and bottled water..and the employee/girl said "don't bother buying bottled water..the fountain water at the drink stations is imported spring water!!" And said that most people don't know this. IS THIS TRUE?? anyone else heard this? Now, you're not showering in spring water..but the drinking water is fresh?? hmmm...... It was a newer ship but I can't remember which one!!

I think what the employee meant is that it is as sfe as bottled water.

Ships drinking water goes through a reverse osmsis filtering system so yes it is very safe.

I dunno..actually she said that "we IMPORT spring water".. so that makes me wonder. If the fountain water is filtered, where does it originate? Ocean water or is it recycled shower water...(ew)??

don't know too much about water filtration systems.

The water at the drink stations has to be different than the tap water. The tap water on any ship I've been on tasted horrible compared to what we're used to while the water at the drink station tastes great.

The water at the drink stations has to be different than the tap water. The tap water on any ship I've been on tasted horrible compared to what we're used to while the water at the drink station tastes great.

EXACTLY! why would they use two different filtering systems? they aren't giving us filtered sea water to drink..but maybe to shower in..

That's because it is chilled. Just like in an office building the water fountain water always tastes better then water from a sink.

That's because it is chilled. Just like in an office building the water fountain water always tastes better then water from a sink.

Not so sure about that. I've tried the tap water chilled (on ice), and the fountain water warm (after it sits for awhile). There's a big difference.

I'm a newsreporter by trade and cover a suburban community that is currently installing a reverse osmosis system for its well water. Water quality experts, even EPA officials, have said at public meetings that the water from the reverse osmosis system will contain fewer impurities than most of the bottled ``spring water'' sold over the counter today.

Dianne

Actually it is recycled bilge water.... Of course it is safe to drink, it is used for beverages and cooking, and is probably purer than that fancy spring water in the bottle.

The drink stations may have an additional filter just like your refgirerator.

I believe that the water in the drink stations is filtered and the ice too.

When we were leaving New Orleans the water in the lido had to be New Orleans water. There is nothing like it...just horrible. If you have tasted NO water then you know exactly what I mean.

However, we got to Mexico and at breakfast the waiter brought me some water and it was really good. He smiled and asked how I liked the good Mexican water.

Of course it's OK to drink the water. It's tested to be sure it's safe to drink, just like any other water supply.

I've never tasted the water on the Lido deck. If I'm up there, I'm going to get tea, coffee, juice, etc... I have drank the water out of the tap in the cabin over ice. I only drink water if there's nothing else around, and the water in the cabin was fine with me.

I thought the drink station water was as good as any bottle water. and better than some bottle water. Also I don't really remember the tap water but I don't remember thinking yuck when I brushed my teeth. My husband says he remembers the bathroom water to be a little yuck.

Anyway the drink station water was good. Which is what I put in my drinking mug all week.

My family brought our Nalgine botles and filled them all week we also put ice in and it lasted quite along time. The cold water was great when it got warm it was not so good that's why it's great to bring your own bottle to refile when it gets warm and I was very careful not to let the mouth oppening touch any part of the tap!:D

Archived