Any nice, but not-so-crowded, beaches in Grand Cayman???

mousy102299

I need some help on deciding what beach to go to in Grand Cayman. My boyfriend and I will be there towards the end of the month, coming in on the Star Princess. We will be one of 4 ships there, so I am guessing it will be extremely busy. We have read some nice stuff about Sea Grape beach and Royal Palm beach, but both seem to get awfully crowded. Does anyone know of any other beautiful, and not so crowded, beaches in Grand Cayman? It doesn't have to be part of 7-mile beach. And we are not interested in Sting Ray City either - I'm deathly afraid of those things. Any help would be nice! Thanks :)

I need some help on deciding what beach to go to in Grand Cayman. My boyfriend and I will be there towards the end of the month, coming in on the Star Princess. We will be one of 4 ships there, so I am guessing it will be extremely busy. We have read some nice stuff about Sea Grape beach and Royal Palm beach, but both seem to get awfully crowded. Does anyone know of any other beautiful, and not so crowded, beaches in Grand Cayman? It doesn't have to be part of 7-mile beach. And we are not interested in Sting Ray City either - I'm deathly afraid of those things. Any help would be nice! Thanks :)

Try Cemetary Beach or even get yourself up to Rum Point and "try" to find a more secluded beach area.

Take the bus to Sea Grape Beach, walk out to the water and then just walk up the shore until it clears out. The beach is 5 miles long and you should be able to find a quite spot. Your lucky that only four ships are in port, my last visit there was seven.

Rent a car and head out the the Public Beach in Colliers out in East End or Kaibo Public Beach in North Side. Both will basically be deserted. Both have public restrooms. And from both you can hop in your car for a short ride to grab lunch nearby.

There are no chairs for rent. No bars for drinks. Not much at all, but the Public Beach in East End has picnic cabanas.

Tip, pack a collapsable cooler (one of those fabric kinds) and make a stop to pick up drinks, ice, and sandwiches. The Countryside Shopping Centre in Savannah has all of that - grocery store and Subway restaurant - to stock up for the day. But if you want beers or other alcohol, make a stop at a liquor store earlier, such as Jacque Scott in Red Bay.

Archived