Oscar for Smuggler of the year goes to ....

newt98

Well, I always thought I had an "original" idea until I stumbled across the CC message board and found out everyone else was doing the same thing, but I always empty bottles of mouthwash, wash them out, and then fill them up with liquor. I bought the yellow/brown flavor of listerine and filled it with spiced rum---looked just like listerine. We also put vodka in a scope bottle and added green food coloring. We always packed these in our checked luggage and were never questioned. My last cruise, I put Crown Royal in an empty Welch's white grape juice bottle and carried it on. Again, no questions asked. I'm not sure what my ideas will be for my June cruise, but I'm already thinking about it.....

Happy Cruising!

cusyl-

Well, since all of these ideas have been posted multiple times on this site, already, I am sure we aren't telling you anything you didn't already know. Besides, I'm sure you people "see it all" as far as ways to get things on the ship. You guys should write books about your daily experiences! Just like police officers have heard every excuse in the book, I am sure you guys have seen just about everything you could imagine (or not imagine!). hehehehe :D

:D I get them them all confused. I empty my rum bottles and fill them with mouthwash, put the mouthwash in soda bottles, put the soda in water bottles, put the water in the rum bottles. This way they never see the Big gulp of Mountain Dew i have in my hand. Never had any issues.

... but I always empty bottles of mouthwash, wash them out, and then fill them up with liquor. I bought the yellow/brown flavor of listerine and filled it with spiced rum---looked just like listerine. We also put vodka in a scope bottle and added green food coloring.

Do you think the guys in security ever wonder just how bad your breath must be to bring 3 or 4 bottles of mouthwash on a one week cruise?? My dog is constantly licking himself in places of non mention and even his breath isn't that bad.

SteveNCindy-

I know! My hubby and I always laugh about that. We normally put 1 bottle in his suitcase and 1 bottle in mine (they are not normally packed together). But we do joke about it a lot --especially the day we are packing! "Gosh, these people are going to think we have serious halitosis if they find our "stash" of mouthwash!" hehehehe :D But it's a risk I am willing to take to have my rum/vodka with me.

Happy cruising to all!

Agree with cusyl....

Gee folks - why not tell ALL our secrets on a PUBLIC message board so that when Carnival reads it (and we know they do) there won't be much work for them now will there.

PS - I have a couple tricks of my own that I have never seen discussed and my lips are sealed.

Why don't we all post the methods that we have used in the past to smuggle items on board so that the people at Carnival can read them here and start looking for them? :rolleyes:

I think I will keep my tried and proven methods to myself, thank you. :D

Fins Up! :cool:

Do you really think they are going to start taking peoples mouthwash just because some people use it to get alcohol onto the ship? They know they would have a bigger problem than just to let it slide. They have better things to do. I have the mind set, if it makes it, it makes it. If it doesn't oh well, I still plan to buy alcohol on the ship, w/ or w/o my "secret" stash.

That's all I have to say about that!!:D

I'm with you, Smiles, --and not just because you are from Missouri (me too!). Mouthwash and water bottles have been mentioned ump-teen-thousand times on this board. If Carnival was that concerned, they would have started banning mouthwash long ago. Like you, I still buy liquor on board the ship. My stash is just a good way to get me started! hehehe

Happy Cruising Everyone! Oh, and Las Vegas, you had me cracking up, too! LMAO!

Guest YesitDonna

My friend had a 20 water bottle in hand walking on to the ship so he could mix some drinks knowing his luggage wouldn't be around til later. They asked him to drink some of it before getting on board. He chugged a good amount and they were satisfied it was water and let him be on his way. Let's just say his buzz started a whole lot sooner then planned! LOL :eek:

With 2000+ bags going on board they cant check them all.. So here is my thoughts on this topic... Everyone is allowed to bring one bottle of wine, on board yet, correct?? Empty out the wine bottle and refill with vodka or your choice. :D

Just pack the liquor in your suitcase in the original containers and and put plenty of soft material or bubble wrap around it. Many brands come in plastic bottles. I would not want a drink from a bottle of mouthwash, a plastic bag that looks like a celebrity bag or someother type of container. I pack well and put the bottles on the counter in my stateroom and have never had a problem no matter what the cruiselines' policy is. Act like an adult and you will be treated like one. I don't consider taking a few bottles on board smuggling. Taking a lot of duty free off w/o declaring it is smuggling. Failing to follow US Customs rule is a violation of law, taking your own liquor for in cabin consuption is a matter of choice.

I work embarkation at New Orleans and I COULD write a book about what I have seen. I don't work security, just check in.

The other day a man tried to get onboard without a birth certificate OR driver's license. Turned out he WASN'T an American citizen. The ship sailed late that day and at 4:15 a car pulled up, he ran out, got his documentation. Don't know IF he made the ship or not.

Yes, Carnival in Miami, DOES read these posts. Be fore warned. I don't tell security what to look for -- they already know WHERE to look and WHAT to look for. EVERY suitecase is scanned before being put on the ship. Enjoy your cruise.:rolleyes:

With 2000+ bags going on board they cant check them all.. So here is my thoughts on this topic... Everyone is allowed to bring one bottle of wine, on board yet, correct?? Empty out the wine bottle and refill with vodka or your choice. :D

I was told ALL luggage goes though a scanner! I saw it on a travel show about cruising. They showed the machine they use. I know this too because I was called to security office once because the scanner showed something suspicious in my LARGE suitcase. They thought it was a knife. (It was my cardboard nail file).

Just pack the liquor in your suitcase in the original containers and and put plenty of soft material or bubble wrap around it. Many brands come in plastic bottles. I would not want a drink from a bottle of mouthwash, a plastic bag that looks like a celebrity bag or someother type of container. I pack well and put the bottles on the counter in my stateroom and have never had a problem no matter what the cruiselines' policy is. Act like an adult and you will be treated like one. I don't consider taking a few bottles on board smuggling. Taking a lot of duty free off w/o declaring it is smuggling. Failing to follow US Customs rule is a violation of law, taking your own liquor for in cabin consuption is a matter of choice.

I agree with you about not trying to be sneaky. It would be twice as embarrassing if you got caught. But the Cruise lines makes it very clear that bringing alchohol on the ship is strictly prohibited. We have had booze taken away from us when we brought it back on the ship from a port. But not when we first boarded.

Archived