Odd question, but is there a drugstore in town?

TeeBuccs

Just curious if there is a drugstore in town or close proximity to where cruise ships dock/tender.

Thanks!

I did not see one around the pier area-the "only" town so to speak. Lots of souvenier shops and tourist things but no drugstore there. There is one in Belize readily available.

I was just there Wednesday and there is one right in the area where you get off the ship. Go straight through the gate, at the end follow the building to the left. It is located halfway down there. Next to Tanzanite International store. Have fun...

Does anyone know the rules governing the purchase and return with percription drugs? I am not talking bad stuff I am refferring to maybe Antibotics, everyday stuff that we may take under the care of a doctor here in the states. I do not want to break any laws but I figured while in Mexico I may want to pick up some things that we take for different reasons.

My sister's shingles decided to pop up on our last cruise. When we got to Costa Maya we found the drug store at the pier. No problem buying what she needed, but it was expensive. You can pretty much buy whatever you want!

I understand that you can buy what you want, I was concerned with bringing it back into the country when we return. It would be nice to get some of the things we take cheaper there and bring them home to save us a few dollars for the next couple months. My co=pay is getting rediculas.

• 2 weeks later...

:) We just got back 4-15-07 the pharmacy in the port was pretty expensive this year compared to last year 100 pills of penicillian was $30, last year $6.00 but still a deal. Cozumel is very cheap. you can bring anything back as long as it is not a narcotic. hope this helps Karon:)

Archived