Ventura chat

Madkitty

Hi There. What a good idea, seeing as I can not seem to log on to the P & O community boards on their own site. Which cruise have you booked. My husband and I (sound like the queen don't I) are not sailing until 2009, but are still very excited about it, we are going to the Caribbean in March 2009

We have never sailed with P & O either, so a first for us too. I do believe my sister is sailing on the Ventura on the the 6th December 2008 and it is her first P & O as well. Are you doing any cruises this year.

is her name lisa? there's only me and lisa on the roll call at the moment so you should get her online (if its not lisa that is!). we're off on liberty of the seas in september which should be great and a nice beach break (non cruise) in june so i think we're all booked for this year teehee

Hi

Hoping to book the 5/6 December cruise tomorrow morning. We have never sailed P&O either. It seems strange as there are 2 depature dates for the same cruise.

cool you can come join us then our roll call!

the reason there are 2 dates is because you have a choice:

1.fly out 5th and stay the night on the ship that night as it doesnt set sail until 8pm on the 6th. when the ship returns back to barbados on the 19th you then disembark and leave for flight home.

2. fly out the 6th and then on the 19th you get to stay that night on the ship and disembark on the 20th - I personally think this the better option as you get to spend the whole day in barbados plus its a nice end to the cruise.

did that make sense?

is her name lisa? there's only me and lisa on the roll call at the moment so you should get her online (if its not lisa that is!). we're off on liberty of the seas in september which should be great and a nice beach break (non cruise) in june so i think we're all booked for this year teehee

Hi Bex,

No its not me so it must be someone else on our cruise!

Anyone sailing on the 5/6th Dec 08, please come & join our roll call over on the P&O roll call board.

Lisa:)

Hi

Hoping to book the 5/6 December cruise tomorrow morning. We have never sailed P&O either. It seems strange as there are 2 depature dates for the same cruise.

Hi Elaine,

Please come back on here & let us know if you book this cruise, sounds great don't you think?

Which date will you be going on 5th or 6th. I'm going on the 5th as I fancy a night on board to get over the flight & find my way around by the time we sail on Saturday. I also thought it would be nice to have a look at Barbados at night, not that you couldn't do that if you went on the 6th of course.

Regards,

Lisa:)

Hi Mad Kitty & Co,:)

We are booked on Xmas / New Year 08 Ventura caribbean. (Me, DH, DS's 17 & 14). I am more excited about this one than any of my previous others. We have never done P & O before sp not sure what to expect. We really love RCI, went on Legend last year and it was just brilliant.

My sister and her family are also on this cruise. We are all on C deck. I think I have learnt the deck plans off by heart already!!

Heather.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Derek aka “The Monocled Mutineer”

I see you are on the maiden voyage – did you manage to get a seat in the main dining room?

I gather from P&O that Ventura is mainly “Freedom Dining” and that the dress code will be adhered to in all three main dining rooms - is that your impression?

regards Alan

We're booked on Ventura Xmas/New Year 2008. Can't wait! Luckily managed to get premium upgrade on flight. Cruised first time with P&O at New Year on Oriana, with Hogmanay in Madeira. Very impressed with P&O and really looking forward to Ventura.:D

• 4 months later...

I'm on the only weekender of 2008 that Ventura is doing - it was fully booked with n a week or so of bookings opening. Got a cracking deal £239pp for a balcony cabin for the 2 nights. May not get off in Zeebrugge and spend them day exploring her nookns and crannies -lol (and bars)

Sue

Hi my partner and I and his brother are booked on the weekender too and the med 14 night cruise after as well, looking forward to the 16 nights, this will be the longest cruise we have done, lets hope it feels longer too.

Since watching Hell's Kitchen i have totally fallen in love with M.P.W and wish we were on the cruise where he is on, but maybe I will get a glimpse of him when we are boarding as he is on the cruise previous to the 2 nighter!

I go through bursts of excitement looking forward to Ventura, its under a year now and from booking it in April to now seems to have gone by quite quickly - dont want to waste my life away but cant wait for this to come around.

Gem :)

Archived