Just off Serenade

Incredible, wonderful, stupendous, great, exceptional! Can you tell I really liked this cruise?

Embarkation: Smoother than smooth, from start to finish less than an hour.

Debarkation: Pre- check in the best thing since sliced bread!

Cabin: Balcony 9564 wonderful room cabin: No table on the balcony..New bedding is extremely warm! Room Stewardess Korrine...OUTSTANDING!

Our room was immaculate. Tube shower is interesting...don't drop the soap!

Dining Room: Severe food allergies, but dealt with exceptionally well. I thought the food was better than it was in the past! Windjammer for lunch, much to choose from, never made it to the other cafes. We did not eat in the alternative eating places, but our tablemates did and liked both Portofinos and Chops!

Pools: Atrium pool was nice although kids were in there despite being an adult pool. The main pool I have to say was the smallest I have ever seen on a cruise ship! I didn't care as long as I could get wet! No problem on the one seas day finding chairs, but we were out there early!

Excursions: First I have to give kudos to the shore excursion manager. Our 2nd day of the cruise my husband called and we discovered that I had been the victim of identity fraud. (You always think it couldn't happen to you!) So the next day I had to spend most of the morning talking to various agencies, and we missed our tour. I went down to Guest Relations and explained it to them, even though it was our choice to miss it. Guest relations contacted the shore excursion manager, and they refunded our money! I thought that was classy!

St. Thomas: Coral City and Magens Bay. We had a nice day, although it was on the windy side. St Maartin: Identity theft stuff! Antigua: Afternoon beach break: not great! Very uncomfortable chairs, and a mass of hawkers that would not leave you alone!

St Lucia: Nature tour: Good except because the ship leaves so early they could not fit everything in as promised.

Barbados: (Afternoon Beach Break) Malibu beach, much better, nice beach, comfortable chairs!

One sea day: excellent but missed having more!

Shows: Production shows very good, Singer was funnier than one of the comedians: The other two comedians hilarous! The quest not to be missed....70's night was a lot of fun, as was the pool party!

Photographers: A little nudgey on this cruise...we ended up only liking one photo...

Staff: except for the people who met us in San Juan, and one purser, the staff was great!

Okay ready for the one negative comment? One of the reasons we left RCCL for a long time was that we felt that the staff did what they had to and no more...While we didn't feel that way about the staff in general this time, we did feel that way about the Cruise Staff. On Celebrity for example. when there was an event the cruise staff really mingled with the guests, even after the event was over. I didn't feel that with this cruise staff, and although it didn't make or break my cruise, its something I wish they had.

Any questions I will be happy to answer them! This was my 17th cruise, and my 18th will be on the Legend in several months!

Rhonda,

I agree with you - we had much the same experience. I also thought the same about the photographer - some were poorly taken pictures.

What is the "cruise staff"? I only have experienced RCCL (this is our 3rd cruise) so I don't have much to compare to.

That is really too bad to hear about the ID theft - but nice to hear that the excursion people were helpful.

I also wish we had another day at sea.

I also posted some info under "back from Serenade".

Liesl

Hi Rhonda, I just got off the phone w/ Royal Carribean and booked the Serenade of the Seas for February, 2008 w/ hubby and 2 teenage sons (17 & 18). Southern Caribbean Cruise.

Did you really love this ship? Do you think that teenagers will love it? Just cruised on the Carnival Miracle in February, 2007. Our first cruise - we loved it but don't have anything else to compare it to.

Hi Rhonda, I just got off the phone w/ Royal Carribean and booked the Serenade of the Seas for February, 2008 w/ hubby and 2 teenage sons (17 & 18). Southern Caribbean Cruise.

Did you really love this ship? Do you think that teenagers will love it? Just cruised on the Carnival Miracle in February, 2007. Our first cruise - we loved it but don't have anything else to compare it to.

Yes, I really loved it! There were a lot of teens on board, but keep in mind this was an Easter Cruise. Like I said it was my 17th cruise and one of the best I was on! I think you will love it! I am already looking at what is available for next Spring Break.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

Rhonda,

I agree with you - we had much the same experience. I also thought the same about the photographer - some were poorly taken pictures.

What is the "cruise staff"? I only have experienced RCCL (this is our 3rd cruise) so I don't have much to compare to.

That is really too bad to hear about the ID theft - but nice to hear that the excursion people were helpful.

I also wish we had another day at sea.

I also posted some info under "back from Serenade".

Liesl

The Cruise staff is the Cruise director and the people who ran the on board activities.

Archived