martinis?

laf500

On the Inspiration in July, one night was Martini feature speacial night ($4.95). They probably had 10 different types on display, various colors. I got green apple because that was the one they poured through a large ice sculpture to cool it. I would guess all these types are available all the time. I'm struggling to remember the others, they may be wrong: Violetta, cosmo, chocolate, can't remember any more. If you name some others you are interested in, I might recognize them..

Another night was Mojito night for $2.95. I REALLY enjoyed this one. I always order extra mint. The nightly specials usually run from 5-ish to 8-ish on the Promenade deck. Drink-of-the-day specials run on the Lido deck from 10 to 5 or 6. The Ultimate Suntan, Riviera something, and Caribbean Breeze were my favs.
You will not suffer for lack of beverages. ....

Cruisedogs: What ship are you on? We are on the Victory out of Norf 10/10.

The only problem with the Mojitos is they chop the mint (I guess because of the volume needed ) instead of "muddling" it properly. Oh well...it was still good, but small. I needed 3, (or 4?)

They may have to restock in the Bahamas!!
We'll try not to tear up the ship.

Have you tried the mojitos at Tortugaz on Granby? Most excellent (but for $8, they ought to be!) I love Tortugaz fish with (I think) Smithfield pepper bacon, bok choy, leeks, and plum salsa...

I loved the food on the Inspiration too!! I guess Victory will be basically the same, but I intend to try different things, except for the things that were too FABULOUS to pass up again! like pumpkin soup!

I'll check my capers at home tonight for Martini night and see what it says.

[b][font=Comic Sans MS]We tried Green Apple (my personal favorite), chocolate, mango and cosmopolitans on our recent cruise. There were more, but these were the ones I can personally comment on. All were very good, and had quite a kick to them![/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][/font][/b]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]Terri[/font][/b]

We were on the Triumph the end of June and Omar at the wine/martini bar would make anything you wanted. You could tell him what you liked and he would create a martini just for you. I would think most decent bartenders would be able to mix and match. It's always worth a shot.

Archived