Help with cabin choice

goingeasy

I'm about to make a deposit for a 06/08 cruise to Scandinavia on the

Constellation. All past cruises have been on Princess ships in a mini-suite which seems to have quite a bit more squre footage than Celebrity cabins.

I would appreciate any guidance in deciding between a regular balcony cabin and the concierge class cabins. There is a difference in price at just

around $500. per person.

Any specific cabin in either category that I should try to reserve? Thanks in advance, all suggestions will be appreciated.

Both the standard balcony cabins as well as the Concierge Class cabins will be significantly smaller than what you are used to with the Princess mini-suites. The standard balcony cabin is 170 sq. ft., and the concierge class is 191. Both balconies are approx. the same size. Only you can decide whether spending an extra $500 pp is worth the extra 21 sq. ft. Personally, while I like CC class and have had it in the past, I've "downgraded" to a Cat. 2C because we're saving $200 pp (10 night Constellation). I got a cabin that has a balcony twice the size of a regular balcony cabin (some cabins on the M-class ships have larger balconies) and I can live without the little amenities that come along with CC class. While the extra amenities are nice, they don't justify an extra $200 pp IMO. The time we did get a CC class cabin on Infinity, the cost was just $40 pp more, so it was worth it.

If you are looking for something comparable to the mini-suites (Grand class I'm assuming) on Princess, you'd have to spring for a Sky Suite, and even those aren't quite as roomy.

CC cabins are about 21 feet larger & the balconies are a little larger not much difference. Ouch for the 500.00 per person, but once you book your cabin you can continue to check the prices & if it goes down they will make an adjustment. All you have to do is watch the pricing & either contact your TA or if you booked yourself then call X. There are nice benefits in CC. I have to admit all of our cruises with X have been CC cabins. I have to agree with JerseyGirl I have been on the Grand Princess & their cabins are a bit roomier. Hopes this helps you.

goingeasy,

I'm about to make a deposit for a 06/08 cruise to Scandinavia on the

Constellation. All past cruises have been on Princess ships in a mini-suite which seems to have quite a bit more squre footage than Celebrity cabins.

I would appreciate any guidance in deciding between a regular balcony cabin and the concierge class cabins. There is a difference in price at just

around $500. per person.

Any specific cabin in either category that I should try to reserve? Thanks in advance, all suggestions will be appreciated.

I think that Celebrity's "Sky Suite" probably is the closest to a "Minisuite" on Princess.

That said, the real question is how much time you plan to spend in your cabin during the cruise. If you typically hang out in your cabin most of the time, a larger cabin might be worth the price. Those of us who don't hang out in our cabins book the least expensive cabin (yes, I really do mean inside!) so we can cruise twice as often for the same total cruise fare.

Norm.

Archived