Fascination - Inside Guarantee - Now "no cabins avail. for 3 passangers in your class

KRLeeNM

Kind of new at posting here... but have lurked a lot! We took our first cruise last June as a family Cruise to Canada on the Victory out of New York. While Canada in mid-June isn't exactly a "hot" destination, we had an awesome time.

We book a short 4 day cruise on the Fascination in July/August of this year. When we started out, it was just our family of 3 and we went for the "inside guarantee" rate. Now my parents, my inlaws and my brother in law and his wife are going and they all booked Ocean View rooms on the Empress Deck. Now our reservations are all linked together.

Back to the question at hand. I went to see if a room had been assigned and I get an error message there are no cabins in your category to accomodate a group of 3, please reduce the number of passangers and try your search again. Something like that. So anyhow, I called and she told me I could upgrade to the empress deck, might have to pay extra but maybe not, but it would guarantee me the empress deck and an inside room. But, if I hang tight it is a good possiblity I could get an upgrade???

What kind of "upgrade" will I get?

While we are at it, the Fascination looks like it went through a nice remodel. Any thoughts on this? The room defination states "2 twin beds that convert to a queen"??? I have always thought 2 twin beds together equal a king? Am I wrong? Or are these not standard size twin beds?

Thanks for reading and responding!

While we are at it, the Fascination looks like it went through a nice remodel. Any thoughts on this? The room defination states "2 twin beds that convert to a queen"??? I have always thought 2 twin beds together equal a king? Am I wrong? Or are these not standard size twin beds?

I can help you with this one, I worked in a furniture store when younger. Two true ex-long twins equals a king. But, the twins aren't exta long or true twins. So, the two togeather are closer to a full size than a queen and for sure they are NOT Kings. Just think cuddle,:D .

About rooms you wrote:

I get an error message there are no cabins in your category to accomodate a group of 3, please reduce the number of passangers and try your search again.

That is telling you that the cat you paid for is full. Thier telling you that there is a good chance that they will sell "your" cat/cabin to someone else for the lower price and "force" you up to a higher level. If you feel you have to be on the same deck you will have to pay more. I personally would stay with my gty and hope for the best:)

Hope this helps and have a great cruise!

. I went to see if a room had been assigned and I get an error message there are no cabins in your category to accomodate a group of 3, please reduce the number of passangers and try your search again. Something like that. So anyhow, I called and she told me I could upgrade to the empress deck, might have to pay extra but maybe not, but it would guarantee me the empress deck and an inside room. But, if I hang tight it is a good possiblity I could get an upgrade???

Don' pay for un upgrade if you don't want to, stay with your guarantee, nobody really knows if, or how good of an upgrade they will get, it's all a big suprise on boarding day but you booked a triple so you will be getting a triple cabin somewhere on the ship.

Archived