Fantasy Review...4/2 Very Long

beach410

Thanks for the review. My wife and I enjoyed the details. We are 1st timers going on the Fantasy 7/28 with our two kids 19 and 18 and wife's mother. We also are driving to New Orleans from Kentucky. I noticed when you embarked you said you presented your birth certificates. Did you need your passport? I am confused on the new rules from the state department and from other posts. We are not flying so I dont believe we need them til Jan of 08. I could use the money saved for the passports (almost 500 dollars) for spending money. We are on a tight budget so every penny helps. I know we will need them in an emergency to fly back from Mexico. Please let me know if you need passports for embark or debark. Thanks, Mike.

I noticed when you embarked you said you presented your birth certificates. Did you need your passport? I am confused on the new rules from the state department and from other posts. We are not flying so I dont believe we need them til Jan of 08. I could use the money saved for the passports (almost 500 dollars) for spending money. We are on a tight budget so every penny helps. I know we will need them in an emergency to fly back from Mexico. Please let me know if you need passports for embark or debark. Thanks, Mike.

You can get on the ship with JUST your certified birth certificates and photo ID's. Also, if there was an emergency and you HAD to fly home, they DO make exceptions to the rule (it even states so on the state dept. page). I intend to get my family's passports soon, but one at a time because they can make the trip really expensive if you had to invest in all of them at once. Enjoy your cruise. :)

Archived