Century Cabin Warning

jasperboycruise

Just got back from a 5-day cruise on this wonderful ship. It was our second cruise with Celebrity, our first being on Century in 1998. My wife and I brought our daughter and Grandma (M.I.L.), and we needed the cabins to be near by, so when we booked the only two close were 4088 & 4094. I looked through the archives on this board and found nothing bad about these so we booked them.

Turns out, and correct me if I'm wrong, but they must be adjacent to the engine room, or at least directly above it. The noise and vibrations the first night were very bad. It was as if a large diesel truck was parked and idling right outside our window at home. We asked guest relations if anything could be done. To there credit an engineer and a guest relations staffer came right away. They agreed that the noise was noticeable, and said they would try and correct it. The ship was full so moving wasn't and option. The noise was later muffled somehow, and they did offer to move us, but no very far apart so we chose to stay.

Bottom line is we still had a wonderful time, and the staff did as much as possible to accommodate us, I just would NEVER book rooms in this area again. I would also beware of 4080, 4100, 4106 and on the port side 4083, 4091, 4097, 4103 and 4109.

Hope this helps someone else. :)

Archived