Just Returned From The Legend

rucruizin

Just returned home from a B2B on the Legend.

Our cruise went to Panama, Costa Rica, and Belize.

The Legend is in great shape, but I did't spend my time looking for torn carpet, cigarette burns, or other such things. I loved the Spirit, and after being on her sister ship, I stilll think she is my favorite. We met up with our CC folks on more than one occasion, and saw them around throughout the trip.

They have changed the menu's somewhat, and I was a little disappointed. I have my favorites that I look forward to, and some of those had been removed, and replaced. What this did for me, is give me an opportunity to think outside the box, and try new things. I don't like fish, never have, but I always try it. I ordered, and ate a lot of fish. I didn't love it, but it was alright. The hamburgers on the lido are still my fave, as well as the deli thing where you can have them make any sandwich you want.

Our wait staff was very good, both women, very attentive, very sweet. We enjoyed them very much. We had one set of tablemates that we liked, one who we hoped would never come back, mostly they didn't. That's another thread.

In Panama we chose a beach, lockes, Potobello tour with My Friend Mario. Several FULL buses left all at once, and I'm not sure how, but we ended up with Mario. I went to the little girls room before I went up to the observation deck at the lockes, and when I came out my husband was gone. I was a little suprised he didn't wait, but whatever he probably was talking with someone, and got distracted. I'm standing on the bleachers of the observation deck taking photo's, and video. A man with a large hat is standing down in front, and I couldn't see around him. I leaned over, but still couldn't see. I took a small step to the right and.... BAM! down I went. I fell several feet on to the adjacent bleachers! My first thought was, "CRAP! I've broken my ankle." I consider myself to be pretty tough, so after I gained my composer, I stood up, and announced, "I'm fine." By this time, none of my group was anywhere in sight, I kept looking for the DH, but didn't see him either. The security guys callled the ambulance, and insisted I receive care. The whole thing was quite mortifying. The paramedics checked me out, and said I needed to go to the hospital. I refused. I mean seriously...I'm in Panama, I have no money, no identification, no husband at that point. Mario came looking for me, and really never left my side from that point on. I continued on with the tour (can you say STUPID?)

Mario was wonderful, the beach was pretty, Portobello was well worth the extra $10.

When I got back to the ship my husband went to the infirmiry to get crutches, and an air cast for me. Yes, I wore sweats/yoga pants in the dining room. Fortunately, they looked a lot like dress slacks. I wore tennis shoes, flip flops, whatever my feet fit into best that day. The crutches made for nice accessories on formal night, all the other women were jealouse, so don't be suprised if it's the new trend. I saw people wearing all kinds of different apparel, none of them ruined my dining experience.

In Costa Rica I didn't book a tour, which was very fortunate. We wanted simply to buy coffee, but ended up on an unofficial tour with a very nice young man as our guide, and a driver. They put us in a van for my comfort, and took me anywhere I wanted to go. They stopped anytime I said, Oh! photo stop!" We paid $40 total, plus tip. It was going to be $30 but he said he had to charge an extra $10 for the van...oh please, I would have paid an extra $50...we tipped well.

Next/last stop was Belize. I booked a tour to Xiuna...something. Pronounced shoe-nan-tune-each. I was getting along quite well with the crutches, and felt I could at least go and take pictures. The DH didn't want to go, and I assured him I would be fine, so he did the beach break. I loved the ruins, the tour guide made me insane, but again...that's another thread. I did climb the pyramid, with the assistance of one crutch. I came all that way, and didn't know if I'd ever have the chance again. Other than just being worn out, I did fine.

The leg continued to get worse, but I was told that if I went to the ships Dr, and an x-ray revealed it was broken...they evacuate you. We opted not to do that. We are both in the medical field, and did the best we could with what we had.

The morning of debarkation, we packed up and were the first ones off the ship. Spent the morning in the Broward County ER. Nothing is broken, and they had trauma's coming in left, and right so I kinda just got told to go away.

We were back on the ship by 1:30, and ready for the 2nd leg of the cruise.

I'll post the 2nd half of the trip in another thread.

I was quite happy with the service we received. Our cabin steward always had a cute little critter waiting for us. He did anything we asked, and did a wonderful job with our stateroom. Room service was my best friend the last two sea days, and they were always prompt. The staff went out of their way to assist me anywhere I was on the ship. They held elevators for me, helped me get food, drinks, open my stateroom door, anything I needed they anticipated. Even maintenance people, and other staff helped out without me asking.

Archived