Explorer vs Mariner- Need Opinions Please

Hi all!:) We are just back from a 7night western itin. on GOS. While onboard, we put a deposit down with the future cruise consultant...and now comes the planning!

It will be me, my DH and my DS who will be 12y.o. when we're looking to sail. I've narrowed it down to either the Mariner out of Port Canaveral or the Explorer out of NJ, for next spring break. The Mariner will be stopping in San Juan, St Maarten, and St Thomas. The Explorer is going to Labadee, Dominican Republic, St Thomas, and San Juan.

We've never been to any of these ports...so I'm really looking for your opinions on wich itinerary is best for the three of us as well as your thoughts on the differences with the ships.:confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!! :D

Hi all!:) We are just back from a 7night western itin. on GOS. While onboard, we put a deposit down with the future cruise consultant...and now comes the planning!

It will be me, my DH and my DS who will be 12y.o. when we're looking to sail. I've narrowed it down to either the Mariner out of Port Canaveral or the Explorer out of NJ, for next spring break. The Mariner will be stopping in San Juan, St Maarten, and St Thomas. The Explorer is going to Labadee, Dominican Republic, St Thomas, and San Juan.

We've never been to any of these ports...so I'm really looking for your opinions on wich itinerary is best for the three of us as well as your thoughts on the differences with the ships.:confused:

Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!!!!! :D

My opinion is do the Mariner. It's a more interesting itinerary. While in St. Marteen, do the zipline course. your DS will love it.

I actually decided to stop by this thread because we were on the Splendour last week. We "saw" you in Costa Maya!!! When we were docked there we saw both a Princess ship and the Granduer of the Seas!

Howdy ship neighbor! :D

Hope you had a great cruise! Ours was only a 5 nighter...we have committed to never doing anything less than a 7 nighter from now on and always trying to shoot for the 14 nighters!

the mariner has a larger kids area and is newer and has the see thru plexi glass? from balcony floor to the railing- some balcony's on explorer are metal from floor to 2/3 way up to railing with the plexi glass being the last 1/3 way and on deck 6 its metal all the way from floor to rail- on the balconys-

both ships are great and offer lots to do-

if you want to see more ports- do explorer

if you want a newer ship with larger kids area, do mariner-

we love both of these ships and would sail both again any day-

Archived