Another Spring Break question

fchoppa

My family and I are going out on the Inspiration Next year. It will be the last week in April into the very first days of May. I am getting worried that I book at the wrong time. When everybody is talking about spring break and lots of kids what exactly are they talking about? Are there alot of school age kids with their parents? (ideal for me my kids will be 5,8,and 10) or do they mean the tons of drunk college kids partying? I went to Cancun once during Spring break and it was horrible stumbling people everywhere! Is that what we are going to experience? I don't want to bring my kids to that big of a party :) Any ideas? Would Feb be a better bet? Any insight would be great!

Thanks a lot!

Felicia

My family and I are going out on the Inspiration Next year. It will be the last week in April into the very first days of May. I am getting worried that I book at the wrong time. When everybody is talking about spring break and lots of kids what exactly are they talking about? Are there alot of school age kids with their parents? (ideal for me my kids will be 5,8,and 10) or do they mean the tons of drunk college kids partying? I went to Cancun once during Spring break and it was horrible stumbling people everywhere! Is that what we are going to experience? I don't want to bring my kids to that big of a party :) Any ideas? Would Feb be a better bet? Any insight would be great!

Thanks a lot!

Felicia

Many parents prefer to cruise during spring break (not the college spring break) because their kids will have PLENTY of other kids on the ship... there is only a fraction of spring break that most college kids have off... I don't want to cruise during spring break because of the excess kids, period... same goes with summer. It has nothing to do with it being a big party, LOL Late february, when we went, there were a TON of young teens (most drunk) and I wouldn't cruise during that time again either, LOL. Have cruised mid-february and it was FINE. Depends on what you want. Are you okay with there being fewer kids on the ship? Do your kids go to school that you need to worry about? What exactly are you looking for, just to avoid the college kids? The time you are going, it isn't spring break anywhere... so there will be few kids... you shouldn't have a problem.

That is exactly the info I was looking for. I just assumed spring break was March and April. This makes me very happy :). I would like to have kids on board but not to worried about how many. My kids do go to school, and we will be cruising during their April vacation. After reading about spring break I was afraid I was taking my kids to party central. LOL, All I had were visions of girls gone wild videos from spring break. Thanks for your info and the link to that site. I am much more at ease. This is our first cruise and I am just wanting to make sure we have a great time.

Felicia

Choppa....I think your cool! My husband and I ALWAYS cruise at this time of the year. We leave April 28th on the Triumph. Luckily we have never encountered any spring breakers!

I think i'd LOSE MY MIND!!! :eek:

Good luck and have fun!:cool:

Archived