SeaBands..do they work??

Lefty888

When I boarded the ship I had a motion sickness patch on. Within one hour behind my ear was burning took the patch off it was an allergic reaction. I was fine the whole cruise till the last night coming back into New Orleans. It was so bad I was in a bar laying on the floor because I felt so sick. Some lady came and gave me her sea-band and in like 30 seconds I was able to get off the floor and in about 5 minutes I was dancing and drinking. So I say Yes. They are not pretty though. Im going to decorate mine this year.

This past Sept on board the Paradise, out of the blue I started to feel queezy :( . I put them on and in about 5 mins, I was good to go. They got to be too tight on my wrist and my fingers felt funny, so I just took them off and was good the rest of the trip. I will be taking them with us in Nov on board the Spirit.

Next time I cruise I will have to try them. I have never had a motion sickness problem until my last cruise. At times I felt so sick. My hubby wears the patch. However he said he was so tired all of the time from the patch.

I got a "just in case" pair for my daughter at my local Long's Pharmacy. They didn't have the children's ones, so I asked the clerk if I could see the bands before I bought them, to make sure they wouldn't be too big (my daughter is almost 6). The clerk opened the package for me, and they are SMALL. They look like unstretched they would even put pressure on an infant's wrist. They are the stretchy "sweat band" type material though, and they are intended for adults, so I'm sure they must be very stretchy.

I was feeling icky for a few days on our cruise, borrowed a pair of seabands from a friend I was traveling with, and then felt fine for the rest of the trip. They certainly aren't attractive, but they did the job!

We were on the Miracle in March. My father--he gets car sick if he sits in the backseat--cruised with us. We were very concerned that he would get seasick but he used the seabands and was fine. It was quite incredible. We were a group of 16 and four in our group got seasick. My dad was fine. We had a wonderful trip and have booked for next March!!!!!

They work, but they hurt my wrists!! And I can't stand when they get wet from swimming/showering. Have any of you seen the Myth Busters episode about sea sickness remedies? They tried them all (Bonine, Dramamine, Sea Bands, the Patch, shots, and ginger capsules). I was shocked to find that the ginger capsules scored the highest, and had the best success rate to "cure" seasickness!! I used to take dramamine, but it would make me sleepy, even the non drowsy kind. Now, I ONLY take natural ginger capsules, and never have a moment of seasickness, and don't feel sleepy.

Oh, and the sea bands supposedly work very well for morning sickness. :)

I have had no luck with the sea bands, but I do have a nifty watch called the Relief Band. It has batteries in it that you can change. I purchased it at Aeromedex.com and it has been a life saver. I could not even fly or cruise without getting sick but love to do both now. So check it out. They even have them for pregnant women by RX. Hope this helps!

I only wore one and it worked. Two would just clash with my outfit. The lady said she got it at walgreens. She let me keep it. Then a young military wife was getting sick all the time when her husband left for Iraq so I gave it to her. It worked for her too and the best we can figure she was sick because of nerves. And for the size I wear a 7 1/4 bracelet and it was fine on my wrist.

Hi

I have been using them since 1985 and I love them. I cant even ride in the back seat of a car without getting sick. I use them on each cruise (I go on as many as 4 cruises per year) No medication in your system, no patches, shots or pills to take. Natural pressure.....and I never get sick . ( spent my first cruise in my cabin.........sick for a week)

I wouldnt use anything else!!!!!

Dorene

Just saw them at my local AAA Travel Office. They were under $6 for the pair. Glad to hear they work well, hubby has had some motion sickness the last cruise.
That's a good price. We paid $9 for ours ten years ago! We rarely need them, but they do work well (or did -- we pulled them out for our Legend cruise and the elastic was finally shot).

Wearing THEM? Do you have to wear more than one?

They come in pairs; you are supposed to wear both of them -- but hey, whatever works for you.

i just use ginger tablets. our travel agent told me about it before our first cruise & i`ve been taking them on every cruise since. we took our 12 yr old granddaughter with us last july & she was fine with them too. never tried the bands, but you might keep the ginger in mind. i just took 2 every morning & had the time of my life. plus they don`t make you tired or mess up your outfit!! hope this helps. you can find them at walmart, 6 or 7 dollars for 50 count bottle.

Check out psibands.com...slightly more fashionable. Think swatch watch wristbands minus the watch. I've used them for mild nausea on land but not yet on a cruise. I've also used the patch and would recommend it to those who are extremely sensitive to motion or in very rough seas. They saved our Bermuda cruise last fall when the seas were rough and winds were strong.

Archived