Passport Insanity

villa10

On March 10th we applied for 3 passports. Yesterday, the website showed that my DW application was in the system being processed and there was a locator number. My application and that of my DS was still not showing up. Today, I checked again to see if the other 2 applications had made it into the system and there was still no record of it. So also checked on the status of my DW application, and while yesterday it was in the system, today it says it is not.

Anyone have this experience?

On March 10th we applied for 3 passports. Yesterday, the website showed that my DW application was in the system being processed and there was a locator number. My application and that of my DS was still not showing up. Today, I checked again to see if the other 2 applications had made it into the system and there was still no record of it. So also checked on the status of my DW application, and while yesterday it was in the system, today it says it is not.

Anyone have this experience?

Every other post is about the same exact thing.

There one day. gone the next.

You only need a BC and government issued picture ID (driver's license).

Have those items and you're all set. If the passports come, it's a bonus.

This makes me so glad I've had my passports for years.

Unfortunately I can't offer any advice on your situation as we have had our PPs since pre 911 days. But, this is the federal government. Sadly, the most dysfunctional and bureaucratic entity known to modern man. Hopefully you have sufficient lead time before your cruise and things will sort themselves out.

No, I haven't gotten that far yet in my quest for a passport.

The first time I went to the post office to turn in my "stuff", I found that my birth certificate was "too small"..and yes, it was the real one that they gave my mom many years ago.

It took weeks and weeks for the new birth certificate to arrive.

Last week I got by there again with my new and much larger birth certificate and I was told that my photos will have to be retaken because my handbag strap is visible on my shoulder. It was the same photo that I took in the first time and nothing was said then...I guess the lady was so weirded out by my little birth certificate that she overlooked that.

I verified by e-mail that I need to have new photos taken.

Also my son's passport has to be corrected. For some reason they assigned him the Fourth of July as a birthday...it is not his birthday.

His photo must also be retaken.

If you need a passport, don't put it off.

Getting a passport, for me, has been a bizarre experience.

I am a little apprehensive about my next trip to the post office.

Just to let you know, I applied for my passport on Jan 22. In March the website said I should be receiving on or about Mar 18, but it never came.

The 1st of April I called the information line and it said that if you were not leaving in less than 4 weeks to not call. Well, this monday I called and it is being processed. The lady I spoke to assured me that my passport would be in my hands before the date I put on my application for my trip.

She told me that they are processing about 500,000 a week.

I applied on 2/5/07. It came 4/5/07. My mom and niece are still waiting and they applied 2/9/07. They are in the system as being processed. I did e-mail them about mine and got a reply in 48 hours however e-mailed last week and again on Monday about the others. Have not heard. We leave Monday. Mom and niece are going downtown tomorrow for new birth certificates. What a hassle.

It took a good month before our applications showed up and a due date, then the due date changed 3 times. I applied Feb 5th, with hopes of getting them by our 4/2 sailing. I gave up hope, ordered copies of our BC's instead, the final due date was set for 4/9. On 3/30 we ended up with 4 of the 5 we ordered, we received the 5th while we were away. I had already registered for our funpass with our BC's so we never used them. WE had no problem sailing without them. It was a big waste of money, time and needless aggrivation to get them now, we will probably not travel again out of the country until gosh knows when. Well, maybe now that I have him, I can talk the DH into making good use of them..LOL.:D

Sorry you folks are having so much trouble. Just so glad we got ours this time last year . If you are even thinking about going out of the country get it now it last 10 years and even the kids last 5.

Sure $90 is a lot of money but bet its less then you spend eatting fast food in a year . Its just great knowing that if ever we get a chance at a great deal we can leave the country in a heartbeat

Archived