Dolphin Royal Swim @ Sea Life Park / Waikiki

IMCSICK

Since our flight didn't leave Oahu until 11:30pm my family decided to do the Dolphin Royal Swim @ Sea Life Park. It was fantastic. With this particular swim not only do you get to interact with the dolphins, you also get to have a dorsal fin ride and get pushed up out of the water with your feet. You get about an hour total with three dolphins...and our group (about 8 people) was fortunate enough to have a wholphin (1/2 whale, 1/2 dolphin). You get to kiss, cradle, and have various poses which are photographed/videographed. You also get to swim to the center of the pool for some extra fun involving some of the training techniques used on the dolphins. This was very informative as well and will be an experience my family never forgets. :)

Myself, DW, and twin DDs swam with Bugs, Buster, and Maui on the 31st of March after getting off the PoA. We had an absolutely life changing time.:D It was so cool to swim and interact with the dolphins. The cost was $199.00 per person (children same price).:eek: If this is a dream like it was for us then the price is worth it. They photograph and make a video of the whole swim and you can purchase them. The photos were pretty expensive and the DVD costs $50.00. We bought the DVD. Tammy was our trainer and she was great to work with. While expensive, I cannot put a price on my kids faces and the experience. I have placed the link for the park below. Let me know if you have any more questions.

http://www.sealifeparkhawaii.com/activities/sealifeact.asp?cve=ROYS

Mike

Thank cowhiting for providing the pricing info. The photo package was $52.00 and included four or five 5X7's and the video was $59.00. The drive to Sea Life Park doesn't take very long and it's some of the most gorgeous scenery on the island. Also, if you are eligible for military benefits, go to the MWR ticket office at the Navy Exchange for a substantial discount on this activity.

Debra -- It was a total time of about one hour in the water with the dolphins. We had friends that did this same activity on the Big Island and it was $189pp but only lasted about 20 mins. From what I've seen/heard it appears the Royal Swim gives the best bang for the buck.

whale-watching -- My post was supposed to say "thanks cowhiting" and I accidentally left off the "s". I wasn't ordering everyone to give thanks (although it was very nice that you did!). :D

Archived