Just back, Highly recommend Soto tours!

highcard

We just went to Grand Cayman last week. We booked private tour with Soto tours, This was a wonderful experience. We were supposed to be picked up at 830 but we had problems getting off the ship tenders. It was 845 when we got there and my brother didn't get there until almost 930. Soto tours patiently waited for everyone in our group and did not take the time off of our sea time! The guides were great at making sure everyone was able to interact with the stingrays. It was a small group and everyone had a great time!! This was one of my favorite excursions!!! I highly recommend Soto to everyone.

Thank you!!

Erin

I don't think cruise ships use them. I think it is a small family owned operation.

I was very glad we did this on our own. We had a small group on our boat vs the double decker boats from the cruise ship! We were able to interact with the stingrays for a long time and the guides were great!! Don't worry about going out on your own here. It was a blast!!

They picked us up right across from the Harley Davidson shop in a little parking lot. There is a very small bathroom on the boat. I was never worried about my belongings on the boat, it was a very small group! I am sure you could change on the boat or maybe in their building if you asked. They dropped us off in the middle of the shopping strip where we asked to be let out. They were all very friendly and they responded to my emails quickly. Like I stated before they waited until 930 for everyone in my group to make it off the tenders! We had a great day!!

Erin

We were supposed to be picked up at 830 but we had problems getting off the ship tenders. It was 845 when we got there and my brother didn't get there until almost 930. Soto tours patiently waited for everyone in our group and did not take the time off of our sea time!

Just out of curiosity, was your group the only ones on the tour? If not, were others late as well or did everyone else have to wait around for a hour for Soto to fill up their boat?

I ask since I heard this is a problem with smaller tour companies is that they don't have the resources to be on time if someone that has booked with them is late. They can't take the on-time guests out and have the late-comers be on a later tour or similar. While it is obviously great for your group, I'm wondering if someone who was there at 8:30 is saying great things about Soto when they had to wait around for a hour...

There was a family from a carnival ship that arrived in another van with another couple, and there was a couple that waited with us for my brother. They were worried at first that there time would be cut short out in the water but the driver told them it wouldn't and they were fine. I will mention that the same couple did not arrive at 830 either, they arrived right after we did around 850. They were on the same cruise ship we were on. On the boat everyone had a great time. I didn't hear anyone complain. The driver said sometimes the tenders take longer coming into shore. I did not hear any complaints from anyone else out in the boat.

There was a family on the list that did not show up and they did not wait to fill the boat. They were not soliciting business that day, only picking up people that had pre-booked. Hope this helps.

Archived