review of Jewel to Eastern Caribbeans

FreeStyleNCL

wow I wish i found this forum before I went on the cruise but I will keep this forum in mind for the next cruise

so I went to Eastern Caribbean on NCL's Jewel 3/18~3/25

This was my first cruise, and did not know "anything" at all about cruise period. I picked this one based on the price and damn I got more than I bargained for! $499+tax on 5th level inside stateroom which I found to be more than sufficient for two people and SAME configuration as more expensive rooms on upper decks.

First Impression

WOW I could not believe it. the ship was nicer than I have expected. The room/bathroom was fairly large in size, with probably one of the top materials used through out the room. Even around the ship, everything was just top notch like I was in a upscale hotel. staircase, elevators, restaurants were just spotless, even tho the ship was running 24/7.

Restaurants

can I say WOW again? even the cheapest place, garden cafe had really nice food and food made to order. also garden cafe, being located on the 12th deck, it had really nice view out to the side.

Cagney's steakhouse...mmm Extra charge but excellent steaks

Tsar's Palace...also very nice. extremely good atmosphere, furnitures, lighting, fixtures all flowed very nicely with the restaurant's entire theme.

Azura...also very luxurious

Blue Lagoon... YUMM late night snacks! and a nice view of the ocean

I tried to go to the Mama's Kitchen(no charge) and some other restaurants but we could not get a reservation. call in advance!!!

Entertainment

I really had my day filled with entertainments that NCL provided. ALL day, ALL night, there was something for you to do. Magic shows, Comedy shows, Karaoke, Family Feud/The weakest link parody, Bingo, Mr. Sexy leg competition to name a few... you will not be disappointed. Also the basketball court/soccer field/volleyball field on the 12th deck is covered with a net, towards the back of the boat, gives you a freedom of playing ball outside and have a great view. outside chess, golf driving range, ping pong, running track,.... there are plenty for you to do.

Staffs

I felt like I was the king. everyone(no americans except the cruise director paul) was very courteous and spoke English very well. Everyone was so helpful and absolutely no one complained. Better treatment I've ever gotten anywhere!

Port of Calls

we stopped by Antigua, St. Thomas USVI, San Juan, PR and Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas. Great Stirrup Cay was Norwegian's "private" island which was absolutely stunning. All the port of calls were extremely enjoyable cept everywhere you go, they wanted you to buy Jewerly :) I ended up doing a shore excursion at every stop. Prices of the shore excursions offered from NCL is extremely well priced and was a lot of fun

In conclusion...

I enjoyed the "freestyle" cruising from NCL. I have heard stories about other cruise line where they had to follow a strict schedule. I will definitely choose NCL on my next cruise. I would like to go on the newer "pearl" even though the layout is essentially the same.

I have posted "some" pictures! Enjoy

The Boat!!

l_95099720c561c39e4079b9058e483787.jpg

From Great Stirrup Cay

l_8dc4b74f9b68a23ec81a0dce1f416d0b.jpg

l_2a27c9b61c028c004b74c66d2010954e.jpg

St. Thomas USVI

l_6c9a6e0443ab4418083472192aff7ed9.jpg

oh man, u better believe it was memorable. one of the best vacations by far. It far exceeded my expectations....I mean come on, I made my sn based on the cruiseline lol

YOU won't be disappointed by choosing the Jewel, let alone any NCL im sure. You have to meet the cruise director Paul...awesome guy and a good singer too!

I saw many other ships at different port of calls and I must say, the jewel looked the prettiest/cleanest/newest out of all(carnival/Royal Caribbean/Costa Rica and etc...)

I took like bazillion pictures...every inch of the ship and the islands...AND even underwater!!! :)

l_fd5cb58628eaecad4320a12e645b4082.jpg

l_20a7b0c35800b9f759d5d0a52d065fbb.jpg

Archived