NCL - kids' program in port

bizeebeth

We are going on the Pearl in a month and I had a few questions about the kids' program while we are in port. Since you have to pay for babysitting while the ship is in port, when will the "free" kids' club re-open?

For example, we are in port one day from 2 to 10 p.m. If I want to come back on board and have dinner at 7 p.m., will the kids' club be open or do I have to pay for "babysitting services?" We have a 5 and 3 year old.

Thanks.

KID’S CREW HOURS Sea days:

9 am – noon

2 pm – 5 pm

7 pm – 10 pm

Sea days & port days:

7 pm – 10 pm

GROUP SITTING HOURS

Sea days:

10 pm – 1 am (Sign up by noon on the same day)

Port days:

9 am – 5 pm (Sign up by 5 pm on the previous day)

10 pm – 1 am (Sign up by noon on the same day)

GROUP SITTING COST$5 per child per hour

$3 per child per hour for additional children in the same family

Thanks for the info. We are on the Pearl on 5/13 with our 3 and 5 year old and I hope they love it. Just not looking forward to diaper duty b/c our 3 year old boy is having a little trouble with potty training. Ugh.

Hope they don't page me while I'm having dessert!!!

you have one month to get it done! We booked our cruise a month before sailing (hate too much anticipation...) and we got our 3 yo on a potty training crash course! (daycare helped a lot, too!) He was 100% done (except naps and night time) 2 weeks before we sailed! We were a little nervous, and he did have one accident in the jungle gym (couldn't get out in time!!) but all was well!

Good luck!

Thanks for the info. We are on the Pearl on 5/13 with our 3 and 5 year old and I hope they love it. Just not looking forward to diaper duty b/c our 3 year old boy is having a little trouble with potty training. Ugh.

That would not be nice. I did see peoples pages going off during the show:eek: They didn't look too happy either!

You cannot leave the ship while a non potty trained child is in the Group Babysitting. The pagers only work on board the ship. If he is not potty trained by then, you will have to take him with you when you leave the ship in port.

Just one quick question, why would you leave your child/children on board ship when you are in port. You are on a family vacation so the children should be with you.

I kind of agree, I'm taking my kids with me and picked excursions they could participate in (DS 2 & 6), BUT if you wanted to go golfing or another excursion that kids wouldn't do leaving them on ship is always an option.:)

Just one quick question, why would you leave your child/children on board ship when you are in port. You are on a family vacation so the children should be with you.

Telling me what I should do. . . That's an interesting statement coming from someone I don't know and who doesn't know me.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but . . . since I stay home with my 5 and 3 year old, I don't think that they will need therapy if my husband and I go on one excursion without them for a few hours.

Telling me what I should do. . . That's an interesting statement coming from someone I don't know and who doesn't know me.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but . . . since I stay home with my 5 and 3 year old, I don't think that they will need therapy if my husband and I go on one excursion without them for a few hours.

I guess I was thinking that if there was an emergency with you while you are in port and your child/children are on the ship, what happens then. Or, if there was a problem with your child/children on the ship and they couldn't reach you what would happen.

Archived