Muster drill on B2B cruises

popsec

Just curious......we're going on the Fascination in May for 3 B2B cruises. Since we'll have the same cabin (and muster station) for all 3 cruises I'm wondering if we'll have to go to all 3 muster drills or will we be able to skip the last 2.......

You should be able to skip the last two. We did a back to back with Princess in January and one of the perks was sitting in the buffet the first night of the second cruise leisurely eating, while everyone else was running off to the muster drill. The language in the Princess Patters was that all New passengers were required to attend. I am sure it is the same on Carnival.

You should be able to skip the last two. We did a back to back with Princess in January and one of the perks was sitting in the buffet the first night of the second cruise leisurely eating, while everyone else was running off to the muster drill. The language in the Princess Patters was that all New passengers were required to attend. I am sure it is the same on Carnival.

That would be a great plus! :)

It's usually the cabin steward that checks your cabin to make sure you aren't hiding out in the bathroom or in the closet, lol. If I were you, I'd tell the steward that you don't plan on attending the 2nd and 3rd, and see what their take is on it. Their reaction may help you make your decision. If you get a definative answer from Carnival, you can always tell your steward "Carnival has given me permission to skip the 2nd, so I won't be attending". I don't think they'd have a problem with it, unless they could get in trouble for not "making" you go.

We did B2B on Fascination, and yes we did go to both musters. Never thought of skipping out on the second one. Maybe if you spoke to the crew member in charge during your first one, you might be able to work something out. 3 musters would be alot.

Happy Cruising, Sea YA !!

I'll be interested in hearing how this is handled. While technically you are required to attend muster for each sailing, whether or not they hold you to the letter of the law might be a totally different story.

• 3 weeks later...
I guess we'll just wait til we're on the ship to ask........8 more days!....I can hardly wait! :D

Have fun! Let us know how it works out when you come back - I have a B2B booked next year on the Imagination, so I'm curious as to how this would work.

Just curious......we're going on the Fascination in May for 3 B2B cruises. Since we'll have the same cabin (and muster station) for all 3 cruises I'm wondering if we'll have to go to all 3 muster drills or will we be able to skip the last 2.......

sorry i do not know the answer to your question, but just had to post to say wow! have a great time, you lucky dogs.

i don't think we've seen a post yet by a member that had a B2B2B (3 cruises) post!

We had to go to both drills on our BtoB with Carnival. 15 min out of your life no big deal. Did find out they do check and if you try to get out of it you get on there S list. Been there done that, thought they were going to throw us off the ship. Had a letter under our door the following day with drill instructions and that everyone must attend. International law. Don't think we will try it again.

koponcycle.gif.7e3924b7bb0dc64f875ebc0120c431b0.gif

I always thought that the Muster Drill was required by the coast Guard???

Yes, it is required but for some reason, I thought it was worded like "new passengers". My thoughts were that if we're in the same cabin, then the muster station would remain the same. I wouldn't skip it without checking first to make sure it was ok.

sorry i do not know the answer to your question, but just had to post to say wow! have a great time, you lucky dogs.

i don't think we've seen a post yet by a member that had a B2B2B (3 cruises) post!

For us to fly down to Florida, it wouldn't be worth it to take a short cruise. This way we get 3 more towards platinum status :D

We didn't go to the second drill on our B2B. Not a problem. We did get one of those letters under our door once (not on the B2B), but we had both been at the drill and even answered roll call. (I don't think they do roll call anymore.) We asked at the purser's desk and they just looked at us like we were stupid and said "Ignore it." It wouldn't be bad to go to them both IF Carnival didn't stand you out in the sun wearing your life jacket the entire time. We actually did one recently on Carnival that was held in the DR because of pouring rain. It was the best organized, and best listened to drill I have ever been to on Carnival.

Archived