Buffet choices

finkfizzle

Hi. For lunch they have burgers, hot dogs, chicken and fries on the Lido deck near the pools. Inside they have a buffet with different choices every day...and also Pizza is always available.

For dinner on the buffet we've had prime rib, steaks on the grill, seafood, and there's always a salad and dessert bar. We enjoy the casual way to dine, although we usually visit the dining room at least once during the cruise.

The buffet usually has a theme every day. On the Glory the different buffet areas sometimes had different selections at the same time. One day the staf was serving tacos and nachos at a side station during lunch.

Is the salad bar avaliable during lunch? Are there lots of fresh veggie choices avaliable, or is it mostly already prepared type salads (seafood salad, egg salad, bean salad etc?)

Yes! The salad bar is good. Other raw veggie choices are limited.

I'm not sure about a lunch salad bar, but I would bet there is. The one at dinner is mostly the usual salad fare, lettuce, stuff to put on it, and dressing. I don't remember too many prepared salads, except potatoe salad and sometimes tuna salad. Someone else might know the answer to that, and of course it depends on the ship.

We just returned from the Conquest, and they had a very nice salad bar with lots of fresh ingredients: lettuce, tomatoes, cukes, red onion, grated carrot and radishes, olives, hard-boiled eggs, croutons, etc. etc. and a good selection of tasty salad dressings.

It's what I had for lunch almost every day on board. :)

Archived