Prices going up up up up

Lefty888

Same thing is happening to my sailing. I think my cabin is about $250 more pp now than what I paid. I got a past guest rate but that's no longer available for our sailing plus the prices went up quite a bit after I booked even with the past guest rate when it was still available. sometimes the rates will go down just a few weeks before sailing. That happened about a month before our Pride cruise. When the rates went down I called my TA and he got us a free upgrade from a balcony to a cat. 11 suite.:D

Our sailing is now selling for 679 for an inside cabin. My group still has space for 388pp (with a $100 cabin credit)

thats a 291 savings PER PERSON.

Every cruise I have sailed only one has ever came down in price.

Reading these boards people will think prices drop all the time but most cruises sell out for more then what we book-- especially if booked 9 to 12 months ahead of time.

My booking was $500 less than my bestfriend's (maid of honor) and she has the same cabin i do. Actually hers has a smaller balcony.

Its not a good thing at all if you dont book early.

Unless you get lucky and get those really late bookings where than they just want to fill in the boat so it wont sail empty.

Mine too. Up about $300 pp. It's the new Triumph itinerary, so that could be one of the reasons. All but one of my cruises we booked 6-12 months out. Unless it's off season, the prices usually go up.

Most of the time the pricing will go up unless the ship isn't sailing well... our cruise in October is almost sold out... no more balconies and the IS and OV cabins continue to rise in price... as Serene said, you would think by these boards that prices are always coming down, and that's just not the case most of the time... if they are having a hard time moving a cruise, you'll see the prices come down so they can fill the space...otherwise, if you are cruising during a more popular time, the price will just about always go UP.

Same thing is happening to my sailing. I think my cabin is about $250 more pp now than what I paid. I got a past guest rate but that's no longer available for our sailing plus the prices went up quite a bit after I booked even with the past guest rate when it was still available. sometimes the rates will go down just a few weeks before sailing. That happened about a month before our Pride cruise. When the rates went down I called my TA and he got us a free upgrade from a balcony to a cat. 11 suite.:D

if you get this upgrade for liberty, the party's in your room! LOL!:D :p

if you get this upgrade for liberty, the party's in your room! LOL!:D :p

I wish! In 2 of 4 cruises I've been upgraded to a suite. Not holding my breath this time tho. I don't see us going from an inside to a suite.:(

Mine has also gone up up up... And now there are no more military discounts for that sailing so I guess I should quit holding my breath for the friends and family discount to get the kids room cheaper. But I'll keep checking, because you never know what will happen!

I've had the price go down on me twice. The 2nd time was my May cruise which dropped for about a week - long enough for me to get my rate reduced by $40/pp. They've since fluctuated up and down, but have stayed well above the rate we got.

Everyone else is right, though, price drops really aren't that common overall. It's much more common for them to just keep going up.

I agree about being ready to book when you call for prices. It took 2 days for everyone to get approved off and the price went up $100 total for the 3 of us for our cruise in February.

For our next cruise in September I haven't even asked off yet but I have already booked.

I agree about being ready to book when you call for prices. It took 2 days for everyone to get approved off and the price went up $100 total for the 3 of us for our cruise in February.

For our next cruise in September I haven't even asked off yet but I have already booked.

Didn't your TA put a hold on the cabins. Our TA will always puts a hold on our cabins sometimes extends it thru the weekend in order for our group to confirm their dates with their employers......

That way our price is locked in..........

I've had the price go down on me twice. The 2nd time was my May cruise which dropped for about a week - long enough for me to get my rate reduced by $40/pp. They've since fluctuated up and down, but have stayed well above the rate we got.

Everyone else is right, though, price drops really aren't that common overall. It's much more common for them to just keep going up.

I had the same experience with price drops for our cruise in May I found a $40 dollar drop that was only posted for 5 days and received the discount. Overall between two price drops I saved nearly $300. Thats why I check often after booking but after the prices start going up I quit looking. Today that same cruise went up and last time I checked would cost me $600 more than a $900 swing overall.

Ours has jumped about $250 pp since we booked in December 2006. I'm glad I booked a year in advance. The other couple going with us was a little miffed that they had to pay more than we did for a cabin a door away from us when they booked last week. I TOLD them to do it ASAP because the prices were going to go up, especially for a New Years cruise but noooo.....:rolleyes: These same people laughed at me for booking out so far. Now they know I'm not a nutcase! :D

I don't even look for the price to drop on a holiday cruise. I just look at the price and sit in the satisfaction that at least I didn't have to pay what they're asking now.

Wow have prices gone up. Thank goodness we booked when we did. There is a total of 5 of us and between airfare and cruise costs, we would have been another $1,100 poorer. :) ....'cuz my husband knows that when I want to cruise, he might as well give in. :)

Archived