about your passport

CruiseZapper

just to let you know some info on passports

my husband and i are leaving with our grandson on a cruise next week,4-23. my husband and i applied for our passports at the same time on jan 28th, grandson did a week later. well my husband got his back two weeks ago and my GS got his last weekend,i still haven't gotten mine, i talked to someone a week ago last thur. and they said i should get mine the later part of this week. called back last tues. and they said yes it was already flaged and i should be getting it back by this friday. well today when i didn't get it i called back and talked to someone and he said it was still beenin processed in NO.i told him my issues about trying to get mine and he said, oh, could you hold on a minute? yes. he came back and said he was going to send the notice and try to get it for me, if i don't get it by next tues. to call back , they might have to fed X it to me, Then he still wouldn't tell me for sure if they would be mailed out by then or not.well i'm not one for taking chances so i sent after us all new BC as soon as ours hit the mail out, we do have them and i can go, but if i had not done this i'm not sure if i'd go or not. i know i don't have to haveour PP's but i have MD and if i get sick i can't get back into the states, i don't want to be in the hospital over there.

SOOO, if you are planning on everything the PassPort people say about your PP's or just betting on a 10 week deal, DON'T. you could be in my shoes, but without yourBC,

I have a friend at work who applied for passports for himself and his wife and two kids. He applied in Jan I think and his cruise was April 28th. His wife and kids got their passports a couple weeks prior to the cruise date...but his didn't come with the others for some strange reason.. after calling and talking with the passport people, they Fed-exed his to him...he got them only TWO days prior to the sail date. :eek:

I have a friend at work who applied for passports for himself and his wife and two kids. He applied in Jan I think and his cruise was April 28th. His wife and kids got their passports a couple weeks prior to the cruise date...but his didn't come with the others for some strange reason.. after calling and talking with the passport people, they Fed-exed his to him...he got them only TWO days prior to the sail date. :eek:

What isw the e-mail address fro checking.

but i have MD and if i get sick i can't get back into the states, i don't want to be in the hospital over there.

If you look at the Passport website, you'll find the section that says you will be helped should you have an emergency. You won't be stuck there. They will help you, even without a passport.

Of course I hope your p'port will get to you, but please don't let that worry consume you, OK?

Archived