The Wild Thing excursion

wawapeg

Does anyone know if an excursion called The Wild Thing is still available in St. Thomas? We will be there in May and the last time my brother was in St. Thomas with Carnival, he booked The Wild Thing but the excursion was cancelled. We cannot find any info on it.

Thanks for any help/insights!

The Wild Thing is a thing of the past. I went on this excursion on my first cruise back in October of 2000 and had a great time. The last time I was in St Thomas I tried to book the same excursion and had the same luck as you. I ended up booking a daysail, and I was told by the operators that the Wild Thing had an accident a couple of years back where someone drowned. They subsequently went out of business. It's so unfortunate, I remember the crew being so watchful of everyone in the water, they definitely were not a careless group, as far as I could see. I also remember that the rum punch that they served was very strong on the way back to the ship, but very, very weak before the swimming/beach stop. It was clear that safety was a priority, but I guess accidents happen.

Archived