Dumb carry on ??

usnavywife

Since your prescriptions are in a box, just cut off the label from one of your boxes (make sure it's not expired!) and take it along with the pills that you need. So many people think they need the original bottles and you don't, just proof of prescription. We do take the small bottles with us, but many times people have huge bottles to deal with when the bottle only holds a very few pills.

Locking your luggage at port (both on and off) shouldn't be an option, it should always be done. The airports that I have flown through will inspect luggage after it's checked in, so zip-tie it before you turn it over to them. I've not had the occasion to have an inspection, but I do think I've read they put new zipties on after the inspection, if any.

Not knowing what you will be needing a laptop for, if you can leave it at home, it's one less bulky thing to haul around. If you or your husband have work that needs to be done on vacation (bummer) it can't be helped. But, if it's just to download pics, a better solution is another memory card. The ships have computers and internet available at a cost, you can use theirs for emailing back home if you need to. Or, you can find an internet café on one of the islands. We took along a laptop once, more for the kids to have movies and such and found it wasn't worth the hassle. When you travel with kids, you want to be as unencumbered as possible.

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for the tips.

We have to have the laptop for the cameras, Video camera (one of those Hard Drive ones) and for the kids for movies and games etc...

We are flying NW with a LONG layover both ways and we know that the kids will drive us bonkers if there isn't something for them to do.

I do have 10gb of memory but when shooting RAW that still isn't enough.

Archived