staying in Kona

fiddledisney

We are going back to the Big Island because it was our favorite on the cruise. Want to stay part of the time in Kona but not too expensively, thinking Manago or maybe Outrigger Keauhou since it is is near good snorkeling spot. Any suggestions for inexpensive but still nice motels in the area? Also in Waimea area? Don't need fancy but need clean.

We stayed at the Kona by the Sea Resort (condo) about 15 months ago and liked the property and location. Nice units, individually owned, all with ocean views. A short drive from downtown Kona. Several units are occupied by their owners so you can be sure that they are keeping an eye on the property. Pricing is reasonable for the area, especially when you consider their “free night” promotions. Since this is a condo-type resort so no restaurant, bar, or any kind of entertainment. Very peaceful and relaxing place to stay.

http://www.resortquesthawaii.com/hawaii/propertyOverview.do?propertyGroupId=25579

I think this is a place someone told me about one time when I was thinking of staying the night in Waimea "Waimea Country Lodge." Compared to other places it is pretty reasonable.

Also, I think that Manago might be a bit out of town for you but it is a place locals like to go to and they have some pretty good food, especially pork chops, in their dining room. Kind of homestyle cooking.

Emi

Archived