What cruise should I take?

I would like to take the Eastern or Western Mediterranean cruise. I'm totally lost on what to take. I like warm (caribbean type weather), a reasonable price to fly from the US, history and great beaches. I would love to find beaches simular to Saint Martin and Orient beach. What time of year should I go for the best weather? Your suggestions are appreciated.

thanks,

I'm a european living in the USA. Best weather? June through August. The rest of the year can be iffy.. However May and September CAN be great.....but not reliable. Topless beaches? France is the place to go, although Spanish and Italian beaches are also ok with this. I don't know about the eastern Euro countries, although I assume it's accepted in the all of europe.

ps love Costa, just did a eastern caribbean cruise and all was great

Just did the western carib.....WOW! Also stopped at Grand Turk Island. Only ship there! Beautiful snorkeling, free beach and Cabana chairs! Not much there, mainly just beach. Had no rain entire ship with sunshine! Got back last night. All stops dead on time! Jamaica was biggest pain in the butt from the locals. They HOUND you to death! Would not leave us alone! Everybody complained. Best stop was Caimen Islands...did the Sailboat rays and snorkeling tour. You MUST do the sailboat (Catamaran) sting ray tour (DO THE CAPTAIN BRYAN TOUR) a w e s o m e ! wAS ONLY $35!!!!!! 2 Stops!

The fewer kids the better. Topless or nude beaches would be great.

If you're really looking for beaches that are "clothing optional" you should look for a cruise that stops in Martinique. All of their beaches are "clothing optional". I'm only guessing at this, but that may also be the case on the French side of St Martin. If you find a good nude beach, let us know and post some photos. LOL. :rolleyes:

The best weather in the Med. is as dutch said June to August. May and Sep would probably be good also, but you may have some cooler days. Be prepared to pay a premium 50% or more to travel during that period for both airfare and cruise fare. Airfares are averaging $1100-1200 RT for all ports in the Med. for this summer, but drop to as little as $450-$550 RT during the winter. Generally the history is so overwhelming most people tend to ignore the beaches other than people staying at the local hotels. There seems to be more beaches in the western Med, but honestly if its your first cruise in the Med. I wouldn't expect you would spend much time at the beach. Costa has the most Europeans on board, so they also tend to have the most topless. But I wouldn't book your cruise counting on it; half the time its not someone you ever want to see topless. I suppose you may find such beaches in Barcelona and Nice. Otherwise there usually isn't many people at all on smaller beaches in less populated areas.

:confused: Hmm it seems that all of your posts recently on several boards ask about the availability of nude sunbathing or or topless decks.

Is that your only interest is seeing some skin???

I agree with "beowulf" . June through August will be more expensive. sorry that people mixed up the mediteranian with the caribbean.......2 very diffrent things!!!! Either way Europe has a lot od things to offer, you will enjoy it.

Archived