Serenade 2/9, 2/16, 2/23 and 3/1/08 where are they?

I'm a little concerned, because Royal Caribbean's website shows all these sailings as N/A, yet my reservation for 3/1/08 still shows up. It's hard to believe that all 4 of these sailings are sold out already! This will be the first cruise for my brother-in-law & his wife, a 25th anniversary celebration, and we booked it last August to get the "hump" cabins. I'm going to be very bummed if these sailings are cancelled or chartered out. Anybody know? I guess if all else fails, I'll call or e-mail Royal Caribbean.

I'd like to start shopping for airfare, but not until I know what's going on. It's been like this since at least last Friday. I thought at first maybe there was something wrong with RCCL's website. If anybody knows, I'd appreciate it!

In case anyone else cares, just got off the phone with C & A at Royal Caribbean. They said those 4 sail dates are "temporarily unavailable due to inventory maintenance", but they are still scheduled and will be back up on the web soon.

I guess I feel better ... they said it was fine to book airfare ... guess I'll make sure to get my travel insurance!

look for a thread from a couple days ago discussing this same thing. Some people called and got a response that it might be going into dry dock for 3 weeks. Others were told that 1 week is going to be chartered but they are not sure which week yet. We are on the 2/23/08 sailing and have now held off on purchasing air fare.

In case anyone else cares, just got off the phone with C & A at Royal Caribbean. They said those 4 sail dates are "temporarily unavailable due to inventory maintenance", but they are still scheduled and will be back up on the web soon.

I guess I feel better ... they said it was fine to book airfare ... guess I'll make sure to get my travel insurance!

Do not book air reservations...look at a Plan B for cruise. Final decision has not been made, but it's possible it will be dry docked.

Great .... I thought Royal Caribbean's response was too good to be true. Guess I'll hold off on air fare, prices aren't very good now anyway. It's amazing how many different answers you get when you call Royal Caribbean! I know to trust Cruise Critic over RCCL! Please post if anyone hears anything up to date!

Thanks!

We are booked for 2/2/08. If Serenade is headed for drydock does that mean services and maintenence will be overlooked and attitude of the staff will be less than wonderful?

This is my first post - why am I nervous? I'm pushing 60 for crying out loud.

3/2001 Nordic Empress

3/2003 Enchantment of the Seas

3/2005 Voyager of the Seas

2/2006 Navigator of the Seas

next 2/2008 Serenade of the Seas

I spoke with a RCI booking rep. today. It appears as if they are trying to schedule drydock for the weeks blocked out. I was told they have not yet confirmed drydock space for the ship, but it looks likely. A final decision on the ships disposition should be made within two weeks and they RCI will notify TAs and passengers.

We are sailing on the Serenade on January 19, 2008. We had actually booked 2/16, but changed it to the earlier date. Whew. I hope those that are booked don't have to reschedule.

Eric

Those who are booked will need to reschedule. We had a group of 10 planned on 2/9/08 cruise....two of us had already booked flights. It's been high on the hassle factor trying to reschedule a cruise for a group and with flights already booked. I know decision has not been finalized, but we have a Plan B in place.

We too were looking at going on the Serenade on Feb 9/08.

I know there is never a good time to take a ship out of rotation, but isn't is crazy to take a ship out of service during the winter months when many people are trying to get away from the cold environment they are living in. This just doesn't make great business sense to me. Any one else agree with this?

We too were looking at going on the Serenade on Feb 9/08.

I know there is never a good time to take a ship out of rotation, but isn't is crazy to take a ship out of service during the winter months when many people are trying to get away from the cold environment they are living in. This just doesn't make great business sense to me. Any one else agree with this?

I agree, I would think they would try to dry dock during low season or hurricane season. Cruise lines schedule cruises far in advance, you'd think they'd be able to plan the dry docks at least that far in advance. It's not like it's emergency maintenance. It's very high on the hassle factor (especially with a group), and I would think the sooner they call people the better. It's not cheap to change flights.

I'm sorry for all of those that have to change plans. We are sailing on January 26th. Looks like right before dry dock. What does this mean for us - anything? I'm assuming we'd get the same good service etc but will the ship be really dirty or bad?

Just had my travel agent inquire, and she called RCCL, and the agent she spoke to says that Serenade of the Seas is going into dry dock for 4 weeks. Guess I will have to try and plan something else then. Do you think maybe they will move a different ship into there while this is happening?

I just got the same response from my TA . Inventory maintaince. Will be back up on the web soon. Im booked in 9256 port side aft cabin and really would not be happy to loose it because the ship isn't going to sail. :( Will be keeping a close eye on this and will not book airfare. Checked AA and could not beleive what the fare is for March. OUCH

We have 9256 aft for the 2/23/08 sailing!! Were told it was the best aft. I will be disappointed if we have to change. I am not changing until I am told that I have to. Hopefully they will at least offer up some OBC and something for having to change flights. We won't cruise during March because of Spring break and the high prices too. I sent an email to the crown and anchor society 3 days ago and still waiting for an official response.

I received an e-mail yesterday from web reservations at rccl that my saildate of 3/1/08 has been cancelled due to dry dock. I initially e-mailed them on 4/16/07 after receiving conflicting answers from customer service. My TA, however, keeps getting information from rccl that the 3/1/08 sailing is on, and will be sailing as scheduled.

Royal Caribbean even denies sending me the e-mail! I had to print the e-mail and fax to my TA - I certainly don't make these things up! I'm annoyed to loose my "middle of hump" cabins, but I'd just like a definite answer so I can make alternate plans. I was actually kind of relieved to get the e-mail from RCCL until my TA called and said "no, the ship is sailing". I guess I'm still in limbo .........

I received an e-mail yesterday from web reservations at rccl that my saildate of 3/1/08 has been cancelled due to dry dock. I initially e-mailed them on 4/16/07 after receiving conflicting answers from customer service. My TA, however, keeps getting information from rccl that the 3/1/08 sailing is on, and will be sailing as scheduled.

Royal Caribbean even denies sending me the e-mail! I had to print the e-mail and fax to my TA - I certainly don't make these things up! I'm annoyed to loose my "middle of hump" cabins, but I'd just like a definite answer so I can make alternate plans. I was actually kind of relieved to get the e-mail from RCCL until my TA called and said "no, the ship is sailing". I guess I'm still in limbo .........

Thanks for the update...I'm shocked that RCCL would send you an email. Seems if you're working with a travel agent, they will not give you any information at all. I would seriously consider working on Plan B (and maybe even book it), and keep your dry dock reservation until you hear from RCCL. I'll definitely post when I hear from them....I'm just wondering if it will be days, weeks or months.

Thanks Immn - I've been looking at alternatives and that's why I called my TA to begin with, to double book. I don't mind doing this, even double booking my pre-cruise hotel (hopefully I can still get THAT, since I'm using credit card points and I know they only book a few rooms w/points). Anyway, now my TA is reluctant to double book since RCCL is telling her Serenade is "definitely sailing" on 3/1/08. I faxed RCCL's e-mail to her this morning and am waiting to hear the "creative response" she hears from RCCL!

I guess I'll just have to insist on booking Plan B, and then wait until something "official" from RCCL. Wouldn't you think an e-mail from web reservations would be official? This is so frustrating!

I, too, will post whenever I hear anything. Thanks all!

We have rebooked and it is now our Plan A. I don't want to cancel the dry dock cruise because I have an OBC & C&A coupon credit we would like to transfer. We also had to change a couple flights...so we would like to get reimbursed for change fee.

CS just confirmed (after 17 mins on hold) that our 2/23/08 sailing is going int dry dock, they expect that their 'offers' will be out by the end of next week. They also said not to make any changes because 'the offers are usually very generous' what ever that means. I asked why they would even take reservations when they should schedule drydock years in advance and the PINHEAD on the phone said she did not know anything about that.

We have been very loyal RCCL cruisers for years and if this is how they treat people who are loyal to them I am seeing a HAL booking in our future!

Archived