Serenade 2/9, 2/16, 2/23 and 3/1/08 where are they?

We are booked for December on Serenade. Ours is still showing up. During the past few years they have been having trouble filling Adventure and Serenade out of San Juan, so I am not surprised they have chosen late winter/early spring to drydock Serenade.

Hope you guys find another chance to get on Serenade from San Juan. Why not jump forward to December? :) Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I'm sorry for all of those that have to change plans. We are sailing on January 26th. Looks like right before dry dock. What does this mean for us - anything? I'm assuming we'd get the same good service etc but will the ship be really dirty or bad?

I went on the Explorer right before her drydock and was a bit concerned that they'd just "let her go" but I was wrong - they are constantly cleaning and repairing. The ONLY thing I noticed was that the paint in the pool was all peeled off in some parts and I thought to myself "they are totally just waiting till she goes into drydock to fix that" but that's pretty much it! You will love the Serenade - best ship/itinerary EVER!!! :D

Laura

We have a family trip w/ our teenagers booked on the Serenade for 2/16. I am so disappointed that it will be going into dry dock. I have heard so many wonderful things about this ship that I wanted to experience them for myself.

Looks like we will now sail on the Adventure which is a much larger ship with out 2 teenage sons. I would much prefer the Serenade.

We have decided on the week before dry dock...I heard that they will be doing engine work...so hopefully, they won't be tearing the ship apart that week. I've been on the Serenade twice before...it is a very beautiful ship.

I was told by RCCL on the phone it will be in drydock!!!

I am booked 02/23/08 Have not heard anything yet.

I have a great cabin and I am not very happy!!!

What does RCCL do for people already booked?

Thanks all

I have read anywhere between $100 and $300 on board credit for each room, not person. I also have read that you can fight to get money back when you will have to change air like we will. We are not happy either. Just waiting to hear what the offer is so we can figure out what we want to do. We had a great aft balcony on your sailing too.

Thanks for posting this...we are booked for the March 8 cruise...I hope we don't get bumped.

We're between your date and Bonnie Voyager's sailing on Serenade. We're hoping nothing changes and all these sailings can happen. Feel bad enough for all the folks who are likely to be getting bumped.

My TA has said that you won't get any onboard credits if you rebook before the "official" announcement from Royal Caribbean. Since we're limited on times we can sail, I went ahead and booked the week Serenade returns from drydock and didn't wait for the credit/compensation. We hadn't booked air yet, so I don't have that to worry about.

I was worried that balcony cabins together might get hard to find, and it wasn't worth a couple hundred $ for the uncertainty. I'm bummed about losing my mid-hump cabins, but since I've never had them anyway, I guess it just gives me something to look forward to on a future cruise. Personally, I would have switched to Princess to try a new ship - they do almost the same itinerary in reverse, but would have had to go in February. All that was o.k. with me, but the people we're traveling with really want to do Serenade, since we've talked so highly about her & the southern itinerary.

Good luck to all who have to rebook. Now I'll just be worrying that Serenade won't be ready to sail on 3/8/08, and that we'll be "homeless in Puerto Rico", for a few days!

My TA has said that you won't get any onboard credits if you rebook before the "official" announcement from Royal Caribbean. Since we're limited on times we can sail, I went ahead and booked the week Serenade returns from drydock and didn't wait for the credit/compensation. We hadn't booked air yet, so I don't have that to worry about.

I was worried that balcony cabins together might get hard to find, and it wasn't worth a couple hundred $ for the uncertainty. I'm bummed about losing my mid-hump cabins, but since I've never had them anyway, I guess it just gives me something to look forward to on a future cruise. Personally, I would have switched to Princess to try a new ship - they do almost the same itinerary in reverse, but would have had to go in February. All that was o.k. with me, but the people we're traveling with really want to do Serenade, since we've talked so highly about her & the southern itinerary.

Good luck to all who have to rebook. Now I'll just be worrying that Serenade won't be ready to sail on 3/8/08, and that we'll be "homeless in Puerto Rico", for a few days!

I will let you know if your statement from your TA is correct, because we have rebooked and have also changed our flights...I would definitely argue that one. However, with the cruise, I can always rebook again. How long is it going to take for them to call us???? We are only a small percentage of those booked those weeks...don't you think it would be in RCCL's best interest to call ASAP, so these people don't book flights?

My TA says RCCL won't say when they will "officially" notify all currently booked passengers - you would THINK it would be soon because of the airfare, but who knows?? RCCL won't even fax my new sailing's confirmation documents to my TA - have been trying to get those for a week!! However, my reservation shows up on RCCL's website - changed from 3/1/08 to 3/8/08 with the new cabin # I requested.

So ... I haven't booked air yet - I hate this uncertainty. I'm a planner & always plan our cruises 18 mos. or so ahead.

Maybe RCCL is waiting to fax my confirmation documents because they DO intend to give me the on board credit - yeah, right! I intend to argue that point when they eventually notify everyone and give them their credits - may not do much good, but worth a try!

When our Jewel 2007 Canada/NE cruise was cancelled, they offered us OBC (the amount depended on what type of cabin you booked) IF you rebooked on CERTAIN sailings (a handful, not many)of the Explorer, at the prevailing rates, meaning our rate did not transfer over. That meant departing from a different port, and the cruise was not 7 days like the Jewel. We did not take them up on their offer since we did not want to sail out of NY, on the Explorer, for more money!

Well, thanks to cruise critic we all take care of each other. I like to be informed, and plan ahead. Someone in customer service asked me "how I knew about the dry dock"....because she didn't know. So thanks to all of you.

We are booked for December on Serenade. Ours is still showing up. During the past few years they have been having trouble filling Adventure and Serenade out of San Juan, so I am not surprised they have chosen late winter/early spring to drydock Serenade.

Hope you guys find another chance to get on Serenade from San Juan. Why not jump forward to December? :) Sorry to hear about your troubles.

We're on Serenade December 8th ... really looking forward to it. My first Radiance Class. Can't wait to sign up for the Meet and Mingle!

April 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM Dry Dock Schedule

Here is the Dry Dock from RCCL via e-mail [Feb 2006]

Monarch of the Seas 01.16.2006 - 01.27.2006

Majesty of the Seas 01.27.2006 - 01.30.2006

Radiance of the Seas 02.05.2006 - 02.19.2006

Empress of the Seas 10.28.2006 - 11.09.2006

Rhapsody of the Seas 02.09.2007 - 02.18.2007

Grandeur of the Seas 03.31.2007 - 04.14.2007

Serenade of the Seas 04.24.2007 - 05.10.2007

Mariner of the Seas 04.29.2007 - 05.06.2007

Jewel of the Seas 05.09.2007 - 05.25.2007

Sovereign of the Seas 12.03.2007 - 12.10.2007

Radiance of the Seas 01.19.2008 - 02.02.2008

Voyager of the Seas 02.2008

Brilliance of the Seas 04.14.2008 - 04.28.2008

Adventure of the Seas 05.2008

Navigator of the Seas 11.2008

Explorer of the Seas 01.2009

Legend of the Seas 04.2010

Freedom of the Seas 04.2010

Enchantment of the Seas 05.2010

Vision of the Seas 01.2011

Splendor of the Seas 03.2011

New Bedding Schedule:

Splendour—Completed

Legend—Completed

Navigator- 6/10/06 – 8/5/06-- Completed

Voyager- 6/17/06 – 8/5/06-- Completed

Sovereign- 7/3/06 – 8/18/06-- Completed

Monarch- 8/7/06 – 9/22/06-- Completed

Explorer- 8/5/06 – 9/22/06-- Completed

Enchantment- 8/19/06 – 9/30/06-- Completed

Vision- 9/24/06 – 11/5/06-- In Progress

Empress- 10/28/06- 11/9/06

Radiance- 1/7/07 – 2/17/07

Majesty- 1/12/07 – 2/8/06

Rhapsody- 2/3/07 – 2/24/07

Serenade- 2/24/07 – 4/21/07

Jewel- 2/18/07 – 4/4/07

Grandeur- 4/4/07 – 4/28/07

Brilliance- 4/28/07 – 5/17/07

Mariner- 4/23/07 – 5/20/07

Adventure- 5/20/07 – 7/22/07

I don't know how accurate that dry dock schedule is from RCCL....Serenade of the Seas was in dry dock the week before we boarded (sailed on 3.31.07). I do not know if they will once again be going into dry dock, but from what we were told on the boat that was it for them.

The new bedding was in place at that time as well.

I think they do the dry dock in the spring because soon after the April sailings they move to the Panama Canal and then Alaska....

Asked my TA to contact her RCCL rep to find out what was going on. The response was that it appeared as though it was going into drydock. A formal announcement would be made next week. Seems to be the party line right now. I had her put a hold on 2 different sailings. One on Serenade in April and one on Adventurer in May. Dont want to book either one right now. Will wait to see what RCCL has to offer in the way of perks. Really don't want to loose 9256 aft corner cabin.

I don't know how accurate that dry dock schedule is from RCCL....Serenade of the Seas was in dry dock the week before we boarded (sailed on 3.31.07). I do not know if they will once again be going into dry dock, but from what we were told on the boat that was it for them.

The crew onboard knew Serenade was going into dry dock again in February 2008 before it left drydock in March 2007.

Archived