Private tour - pick up in Naples, drop off in Sorrento

Has anyone booked a private tour that picked you at the Naples port, does Amalfi drive and Pompei and then ends in Sorrento, taking the ferry back to the ship in Naples?

We want to see Sorrento! They say that the ferry saves you 30 minutes of driving and the driver will literally put us right on the ferry. Is where the ferry docks right near the cruise ships? They say it is. We have two small children and want to be sure we aren't walkning a long distance from the ferry to the ship.

Thanks!

Janiece

Hi there - we did this, but the opposite direction. We caught a hydrofoil from the Naples port to Sorrento first thing in the morning. Yes, the hydrofoils and other ferry-type boats are just a very quick walk away from the cruise terminal. Our driver then picked us up in Sorrento - and we did the Amalfi Coast drive (stopped in four different towns) and Pompeii. Our driver then took the highway back to Naples and dropped us off at the cruise terminal.

We thought this was a great way to go. We didn't get any time to stop in Sorrento, but enjoyed driving through it on our way out of town. We definitely enjoyed the hydrofoil trip, too. You get a great view of Mt. Vesuvius, and it was a ton of fun! A great addition to a wonderful excursion.

I think you'd be able to do the opposite direction, but you would need to check on hydrofoil times from Sorrento to Naples in the afternoon. That will be your only restriction - just make sure you're back in time for all-aboard! Good luck!

Janiece

Read a lot of good things about both of them. We are using Romeinlimo for our Rome tour and AP tours for Amalfi/Pompeii. It is just of the 2 of us and AP tours was only 360 euros for the Naples tours (335 if drop off in Sorrento). That was a savings of 90 euros. I can use that for shopping.

Bev

Bev:

I am thinking of doing the same since AP is slightly less than Romeinlimo for Naples. We will use RIL for Florence, though. We are going in July, so if you want to know how it goes with both, let me know.

Janiece

• 2 weeks later...

I think I would go from Naples to Amalfi, then Sorrento and Pompeii; just because that's the just all the way directly back to Naples..

Hydrofoil from Sorrento to Naples is nearly 45 mins (our guide said it...) and it seems not so panoramic ride...I would quietly stay in the car and do everything. But I guess it alla depends from the cost they charge you...

Did anyone ever answer the original post – how far from the ship is the ferry dock in Naples?

AP Tours also suggested to us that we could save a few Euros and about a half an hour by taking the ferry back to the ship from Sorrento. Sounds appealing, but we don’t know how much the ferry costs, its schedule, nor the distance from the ferry dock to the ship’s dock.:confused:

Anyone?

Thanks.

Thanks Jen! We're still trying to decide whether to do it ourselves (train to Pompeii then. if we have time to Sorrento, hydrofoil back to Naples). The downside is we wouldn't see the Amalfi coast.

Did Carmine help you locate a private guide for Pompeii or did you rent the headsets I've read about?

To emom:

No we didn't used headsets,Carmine suggested to use a guide if i remeber his name was Stefano he was very good and gave us lots of interesting information.We paid 100 Euros for a 2 hours tour of Pompeii.

We think it was well worth it.

He said audio guides are good too,but sometimes can be confusing.

Your welcome Emom,

i hope you will enjoy your trip!

Bye Jen & A.J.

Archived