Can't find on TSA website, can I bring my

rechargable AA batteries and the charger, for my digital camera for crying out loud, in my carry on??

They post screwdrivers and tampons under list of permitted and prohibited...but not widely used batteries... unless I AM BLIND!!!:rolleyes:

It lists 'no spillable batteries'... what the heck is that?:confused:

Ugh..I am really bringing too much CRAP, but these I have to have!

Thanks!

rechargable AA batteries and the charger, for my digital camera for crying out loud, in my carry on??

They post screwdrivers and tampons under list of permitted and prohibited...but not widely used batteries... unless I AM BLIND!!!:rolleyes:

Ugh..I am really bringing too much CRAP, but these I have to have!

Thanks!

I think the answer is, it depends. DH flew today and they threw out his toothpaste, shampoo and aftershave that he flew with just last month:eek: from the same airport :eek::eek:. They were training a new guy and acting tough I think.

I think the charger is o.k. but if there is anyway you can pack the batteries it's probably better to be safe than buying batteries on your vacation.

I flew to Europe with my rechargeable camera and MP3 batteries in my purse. No one said a word, and believe me, the searches were worse than any in the US.

The charger was in my suitcase, though, so I can't say for sure. Good question!

I would pack them in my checked luggage, just in case! I usually have a fresh set in the camera, another fresh set in my camera case, and then another set in the charger. Just rotate them as needed. You might want to bting a power strip along as well, if you hadn't already planned on that.

Desperatehousewife: I just flew from Philadelphia to New Orleans and back with my digital camera, rechargeable batteries and charger in my briefcase as a carryon. It went through the scanner with no problem whatsoever.

I believe a spillable battery would be along the lines of a car battery or similar type of liquid battery.

Hello,

I'm an airline agent and you can bring batteries in your carry-on. Spillable batteries refer to wheelchair batteries...well some of the older models have spillable batteries. The only things you can't carry-on is liquids more than 3 oz. which means toothpaste, shampoo, purfume and thing gel or liquid. If you have 3 oz liquids you must have them in a qt. zip lock bag and you must declare it to the TSA at the check point. Oh yeah no matches or lighters either. I still check the TSA website every time I travel.

Hope this helps,

shan9700:)

Hello,

I'm an airline agent and you can bring batteries in your carry-on. Spillable batteries refer to wheelchair batteries...well some of the older models have spillable batteries. The only things you can't carry-on is liquids more than 3 oz. which means toothpaste, shampoo, purfume and thing gel or liquid. If you have 3 oz liquids you must have them in a qt. zip lock bag and you must declare it to the TSA at the check point. Oh yeah no matches or lighters either. I still check the TSA website every time I travel.

Hope this helps,

shan9700:)

I always check my lighters, but carry matches in my purse. I have never had them taken away.

All of your electronic Batteries are ok, What they mean by Spillable batteries are like the ones you have in your car that have Acid in them and if dropped can break open and this corrosive acid will leak out.

Fred

Has anyone ever had any problem with liquid medications? I have a prescription for liquid cough medicine--it's in a 4-oz bottle, but I actually have only about 3 oz. Since it's prescription, I need keep it in the original bottle. Thanks.

Has anyone ever had any problem with liquid medications? I have a prescription for liquid cough medicine--it's in a 4-oz bottle, but I actually have only about 3 oz. Since it's prescription, I need keep it in the original bottle. Thanks.

Someone in a similar situation said they had it taken away a couple of weeks ago. It is the capacity of the container, not the actual amount that counts.

To clarify: MATCHES may not be packed in checked luggage for safety purposes. (risk of unchecked fire i guess)

UP TO FOUR pads of matches may be brought onboard aircraft in carry on luggage or on your person.

Also zippo lighters in approved TSA package may be brought onboard. (This is a little known fact)

All of this information may be found at TSA dot Gov -- Type matches in the search box and all the information will be there.

For my own curiosity I typed in "tampons" and didnt find anything.

What have you lost out of checked luggage ??

I think she means losing actually luggage... there seems to be a high percentage of that lately.. :confused:

We recently had Spirit lose a bag.. but luckily it showed up in the next flight and I received it on the ship right before we left... What a relief.:)

I gotta know........what's the deal with Tampons? You can't have them in your purse or carry on? Someone please clarify for me? :rolleyes:

I recently had a box of tampons (I know TMI !!!!!) in my carry on bag and I didn't have a problem with security... I've never heard of them being any type of security risk.. could this just be a rumor?

The only thing I can think of is that they could be soaked with something flammable and that makes them "potentially dangerous"... I'd be interested to hear what people find out but like I said I didn't have a problem when we flew April 1st.

Archived