Labadee Water Park -- what kind of swimmer??

Hi

The waterslide is a big air filled slide, but it's located on land... you climb up & get wet sliding down, but you don't splash into water or anything like that. The aquapark is in the water, but everyone - adults & kids alike - has to wear a life jacket, so as long as your okay swimming with a life jacket, you're ok!

Gomeztravel, everything that Wintermom said is accurate. I will add that the water at the waterpark is deep, but they do very strictly enforce the lifejacket rule. You should have a great time at both the slide and the waterpark!:)

Regarding the waterpark, I was not able to hoist myself up on the trampolines and other inflatable items. It takes a lot of upper body strength to get up on these, esp. w/a life jacket on. The trampolines have about 4 ft. of rope that you have to climb up to get on them (it is not a solid ladder like you have at the side of a pool) and you are climbing out and around the rounded side of the bottom of the trampoline. Likewise, the seesaw takes a lot of hoisting and climbing to get up on, and of course the icebergs are like climbing a rock wall. I didn't think I could do the icebergs but I really wanted to do the others and thought I'd be able to. No go for me, and I am in decent shape, I work out 5 times a week and use hand weights as well. But my teen daughter did all of it and loved it.

The water slide on land is easy, just let go and slide.

I would also highly recommend water shoes for swimming in Labadee! If you swim at any of the beaches, there are some nasty rocks and sea urchins! I was lucky enough to get some sea urchin in each foot after swimming at Labadee. LOL

Archived