Explorer of the Seas - Sunday 22 April

My cruise deal does not include a transfer from Miami Airport to the ship. I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn near Miami Airport on Saturday night.

Should I simply take a cab from the hotel to the ship? I'm told the Explorer will be at Dodge Island, Port of Miami ... about 10 miles.

At the end of the Cruise ... Sunday 29 April ... I'm flying to Las Vegas for 3 nights before flying home. The flight from Miami is at 8.30pm. It would be nice to see something of Miami before the flight, but what to do with our luggage. Is there anywhere we could leave it in safety for the day?

Thanks in anticipation...

Russ

London, England

You might want to check with your hotel if they offer a shuttle to the port, otherwise it is a flat fee cab ride about 25$.

Not sure what airline you are using to fly to Las Vegas on, but some of the airlines offer for a fee, to check you bags in (post cruise) right at the port so then you could go tour around and they will take care of your luggage.

My cruise deal does not include a transfer from Miami Airport to the ship. I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn near Miami Airport on Saturday night.

Should I simply take a cab from the hotel to the ship? I'm told the Explorer will be at Dodge Island, Port of Miami ... about 10 miles.

At the end of the Cruise ... Sunday 29 April ... I'm flying to Las Vegas for 3 nights before flying home. The flight from Miami is at 8.30pm. It would be nice to see something of Miami before the flight, but what to do with our luggage. Is there anywhere we could leave it in safety for the day?

Thanks in anticipation...

Russ

London, England

Russ - RCL offer a day tour of Miami or even over to the Everglades - your luggage goes with you on the coach and they drop you off at the airport at the end. Check this out on the website under Shore Excursions. You will still get dropped at the airport pretty early, but it does kill a few hours.

Archived