Parent & Wedding Party Gifts

Steff781

I'm curious what everyone is getting for the parent and wedding party gifts? I have a pretty good idea on what I'm getting my MOH and bridesmaid but I'm still undecided on the groomsmen and parents.

I bought my MOH and my bridesmaid a small pink handbag. I have so far put in a silver compact, very cute lip gloss, sterling silver necklace. I'm not going to add much more, we are paying for all of our cruising guests including the bridal party, so that is part of our gift. I am also making welcome bags for everyone. I am going to use these small candle holders that I bought at Dollar General for .75 cents. They are shaped like beach shirts and shorts and you add a tea light to them, they are so perfect. I will include, dramine, tylenol, sunscreen, waterproof camera, personlaized candy, etc. We have 20 people going which is 10 rooms, going to give one bag per room to cut on costs! Hope this helps!

P.S Does anyone suggest giving the bags at the hotel the night before so that I dont have to carry them on with me?

My MOH and brides maids are getting silver compacts engraved w/their monograms, these cute 3 packs of nail files the are the wedding colors and have little flip flop or palm tree charms that dangle from them, since we are huge book fans each of them is also getting satin bookmarks w/pewter shell charms on the ends. My sister designs jewelery and created freshwater pearl and crystal necklace and earring sets for each of them as well. I also treated each of them to the excursion of their choice.:)

Each set of parents in getting engraved silver frames that we will put our favorite wedding picture w/each of them in as their presents.

We are also dong the personalized OOT bags for our guests and have decided to give them out at the hotel the day before so it will one less thing to carry for us. We're expecting 62 guest and will give one bag person. (4 of our guests are kids)

Do you mind sharing what kind of sterling silver necklace and where you bought it? I have been looking for something nice, but not too expensive for 3 bridesmaids...Thanks :)

Hey Anne,

I went to www.kohls.com they are having a serious sale on jewlrey, if you click on silver you can see all the sales, also under silver with diamonds. I found them a sterling silver necklace with 1/10 ct diamonds. Originally 75.00 on sale for 19.99. It's perfect here is the page http://www.kohls.com/products/product_page_vanilla0.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=303891815&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=421016031&bmUID=1176909973729

We are giving all of our attendants very nice leather embossed passport covers, as well as a $50. shipboard credit.

We are giving our parents silver frames engraved with our names & wedding date & putting their favorite wedding pic in it for them.

I am looking for a cute bracelet & necklace for my flowergirl... any suggestions that won't break the bank?

thanks!

angie

I gave my bridesmaids and parents monogrammed beach bags. The parents had much nicer and conservative bags.

All the wedding sites have cool stuff. I have a friend that is getting married soon and she has loved her experience with Cruise n' Favors (wedding site). I was just thinking I should post a thread for people to check it out.

Here it is www.cruisenfavors.com

Best wishes!

I bought an embroidered handkerchief from a seller on eBay for my future MIL that says "Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams" with my name and our wedding date on it.

I bought my MOH an Oriental style jewelry roll.

I don't know what to do for my parents or the BM yet. I'll let my fiance deal with that one! :D

WHere are you buying the engraved frames from?

We are getting our frames from "Things Remembered" in the mall... they also have an online store. I had a 10% off coupon that I found in one of my bridal magazines.

Archived