8A vs 8C on Conquest... + Motion Sickness Question... Please Help!

wework2play

We are booked in an 8A on the Conquest. According to the Carnival Website Deck Plans page, the proportional size of the drawing makes the 8A and 8C look like different sizes. Are they different or exactly the same?

Any real benefit to being on the verandah deck instead of upper?

BTW, we booked a room toward the front of the ship to be closer to our friends who are the verandah, at the front. I get motion sickness so I wear the patch. Will I regret booking at the front?

I've been really confused about this. Not sure whether to upgrade now while we can still pick a good room.??? Like my 2-for-1 Question!! TIA!

We are booked in an 8A on the Conquest. According to the Carnival Website Deck Plans page, the proportional size of the drawing makes the 8A and 8C look like different sizes. Are they different or exactly the same?

Any real benefit to being on the verandah deck instead of upper?

BTW, we booked a room toward the front of the ship to be closer to our friends who are the verandah, at the front. I get motion sickness so I wear the patch. Will I regret booking at the front?

I've been really confused about this. Not sure whether to upgrade now while we can still pick a good room.??? Like my 2-for-1 Question!! TIA!

Well, there are 2 things I see on the Deck plan that I don't like right from the top.

1. On the Conquest Verandah is right under Lido, that means noise from above but if you say you are extremely forward, you will be ok because there are cabins up front on Lido Deck.. If you was closer to the Middle then you will have noise from the Lido Pool, Stage where everyone does all of the dancing and spas.

2. Verandah is pretty high up there, so you will feel more motion then if you were in the lower decks. Also having a Cabin up front will add to it also. We found this out last week on the Spirit. If you know the See Saw effect, the Front and Back of the ships will go up more then the Middle. The middle pretty much stays the same, but will have a Sway feel to it. So in this case, The lowest Deck and midship will be the best for motion.

Looks to me that 8A and 8C are the same, 8C will be found on higher decks.

Fred

Archived