Live from St. Thomas on board the Mariner of the seas

What a beautiful sight pulling into St Thomas in the early morning. Weather is a little cloudy this morning but is supposed to clear up in the afternoon. I have to say WOW what a beautiful sight to see so early in the morning. For anyone wondering the mariner missed coco cay on monday due to heavy seas eventhough we pulled along side the island and it did not look that rough to me, but what do i know. The weather so far has been great except for today. It looks like while docked here wi-fi service is good do not have to use the ships wifi which is not free, there are plenty of signals close if you have a balcony which i am in 6616. If you have any questions about the ship i will try and answer them before we leave dock at 9 pm.

Good Morning!

This is your first post?? Have you not been on CC before?

We love St. Thomas. We have good friends on board with you. We took this same cruise over Christmas and the Mariner was great. Sorry you missed Coco Cay.....guess you just had a sea day.....any free drinks involved?

that was not my first post, i use a different screen name when using my laptop, yes we had a extra see day, what i don't understand when we missed coco cay we had a extra 8 hours and they were lost because the captain decided to slow down on the way to st thomas so we pulled in only 2 hours ahead of the the normal time why? if we can make it to st thomas at the normal time leaving coco cay at 4 why can we not make it to st thomas 8 hours early?. Right now it is raining and did not have any shore excurstions planned was going to go to the beach but now not sure. should i wait or go anyway?

Thanks for all the input

Hi, we were in that same cabin on the 2/4 sailing and had a wonderful cruise. We also did not make it to Coco Cay, however, we did get to go to San Juan instead. The Mariner is beautiful and we cannot wait to sail on her again. Keep us posted of your cruise.

This happened to us in Oct. and the Captain decided to use the day at sea which was ok with us as I wouldn't mind 7 days at sea!

It seems that Cococay is hit or miss from reading other posts on this forum.

How exciting!!! We are actually in cabin 6618, June 10th sailing. How's the room? So sorry about the rain and that you missed CoComCay...hopefully you had a bright sunny day at sea. Enjoy your cruise and please write a review upon your return.

Thanks so much for your post. We had to cancel our cruise on Sat. due to medical emergency, and I still have the blues over it. DH is better, but I (we) are missing our cruise vacation, and hope to book one again soon. Sorry you missed CocoCay-it's beautiful there. Have a great time!

Pam in KY

The ship is as beautiful as everyone said. The room we have 6616 is small but good enough for two, i think i am going to become a balcony snob after this one will never get a inside cabin again. We went to Magens Bay this morning spent about 5 hours there was a little rain in the morning but when the sun did come out (just wonderful) i would have to say it was not the best beach i have been to. If you are afraid of heights the ride over and back can be a little bumpy and you are looking right over the edge of the road, i will post a video later of the ride from Megans Bay to the dock. very exicting. Will have more later today off to see the rest of St Thomas, ( and i am sorry that you had to miss this cruise) and no there are not doing anything to the boat to get it ready for dry dock.

RMS,

Thanks for taking the time out of your vacation to let everyone know about Mariner conditions. She is beautiful, isn't she? I hope the rest of your cruise is great. Sorry about Coco Cay, it is a great place. As far as arriving early because you left early....They certainly could do it. However, it is my understanding that the ships have to pay for time docked. As I'm told, this is why there aren't many night time dockings anymore. Hope St Thomas brought you everything you hoped. I'll be looking forward to your review when return home!

that was not my first post, i use a different screen name when using my laptop, yes we had a extra see day, what i don't understand when we missed coco cay we had a extra 8 hours and they were lost because the captain decided to slow down on the way to st thomas so we pulled in only 2 hours ahead of the the normal time why? if we can make it to st thomas at the normal time leaving coco cay at 4 why can we not make it to st thomas 8 hours early?. Right now it is raining and did not have any shore excurstions planned was going to go to the beach but now not sure. should i wait or go anyway?

Thanks for all the input

Probably something to do with what time ST. Thomas will let the ship into port, no use wasting fuel and rushing, if the port wont let you in.

Since we were supposed to be onboard and had to cancel Saturday due to medical problem, it means so much to me that you took time to e-mail. Thanks goodness for travel insurance. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful with lots of sunshine!

Pam in KY

Archived