Was refused the $25 on board credit for Latitudes

freezing

Before this thread turns into the usual food fight I thought I would add my $.02.

The EU credits for Lattitudes is brand new. My bet this cruise was booked and paid for before the obc went into effect thus it was not part of the record. I have not done reasearch and don't have the time to chase it but I would not be surprised that the minor discount they gave Latitudes Members when they booked is now gone and replaced with the obc. Not sure if that is the case that the OP should expect both.

Just something to think about.

mbisson:

Come on, be a little thick-skinned will ya? First, I didn't attack anyone; there were several posters who offered up some great suggestions...the three I referenced do not fall into the same category.

And yes, you are correct in saying my post offered up no assistance,...that wasn't the point of my response. Basically, the point I was making is that this is another example of NCL's shortcomings with regards to customer service (or more appropriately, the lack thereof). -Russ

Didn't attack anyone? On an individual level no, but as a group, you certainly did!

And don't worry, I know (from looking at your previous posts) that the only point your posts about NCL have is to "expose their shortcomings". I'm sure you have no problems on Cunard (but I bet you pay a bit more there ;) ). No need to reply, I won't see it anyway.

-Monte

Monte:

Thanks for checking up on me,...I'm flattered.

As far as my posts relating to NCL, you're right, I do have a problem with them; mainly this entire Hawaiian NCLA tosh. They shot their mouth off about how they were going to take the Hawaiian market by storm and now their falling flat on their face. Below par service and an indifferent staff are recipes for failure,...no matter how beautiful the hardware is (and, with the exception of POA, they do have some very lovely ships).

Having sailed on NCL many times over the years, I am one who longs for the 'good old days'. I remember the flawless service on the Seaward, or the way the staff of the SS Norway took pride in their ship and the job they did.

Those days are long gone.

Russ

I booked our Alaska trip during the freestyle event and was told of the $25 onboard credit. Now we have 4 cabins and I hope they will give it to us. I saved the information and will bring it with me. It would be nice to get 1 free drink at least from it.

Interesting - I never received a Latitude member credit for any past cruises - just booked my 5th NCL cruise and the last two were in suites - no on board credit. I will ask my TA and let you know the response.

Check out the link this credit is just for passengers that book in Europe.

I'm starting to worry about my credit too. My TA has been given verbal information that I have received a $40.00 OBC for their 40th Birthday celebration. Made final payment and received my edocs. IM'd my TA that it isn't mentioned on the docs (as other lines do). They told her yes it will be on my account but refused to put it in writing.

She is still fighting for some sort of confirmation. She has never had trouble with any other cruise line. I, like you, don't want to work at getting my credit when on board. Nor do I want the hassle of handling it when I get home if it isnlt there. How hard would it be for NCL to send a coupon or put it on the docs?

Guest nhrich

I agree that it's a pain that they don't include it on the docs, but your TA should have received a confirmation from NCL when it was booked, and it should say there's an on-board credit (but not how much).

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I agree that it's a pain that they don't include it on the docs, but your TA should have received a confirmation from NCL when it was booked, and it should say there's an on-board credit (but not how much).

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Thanks Rich, Good Info! Those of us who aren't TA's (at least me) might not have been aware of this. At least now we know our TA can verify that there is an OBC :D

We had a situation onboard the Majesty to Bermuda whereas my BIL (10 cruises on Norwegian) was to receive the Latitudes $25.00 OBC and upon receiving "my" letter of the latitudes welcome aboard party on the second day, we found out that he didnt get one.. so on the second day of the cruise we attempted to rectify the latitudes miscue (mind you his and wifey's numbers are ON the reservation, lol). my point is.. we went to see the "much heralded" latitudes rep aboard. who could pull rabbits of the hat, when it came to booking you on future cruises.. but who stalled us on every latitudes perk due my BIL up to and including the return to Boston. he said that he was waiting for Miami to confirm.. after 20 cruises half of which on NCL i know better.. to add insult to injury my BIL did a back to back on the same ship and never heard from the supposed "latitude expert" once during the second week. small potatoes maybe..but even with reservation in hand, and this being one of those cruises offered with OBC's (real, not imagined) its saddening that this can be overlooked, and also pushed to back burner.. i wonder how fast we would have got it, had we booked a future cruise instead of seeking something that was due..

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

Nope nothing, she has nothing in writing on their confirmation. When she called in the cc for deposit, they verbally confirmed. She is trying to get them to put it in writing. My booking date clearly shows I booked during the promotion.

My PCC at NCL had problems getting me an invoice showing the OBC for our next cruise. It was showing on his screen but when he sent me the email invoice statement it wasn't there at all. He made three attempts at re-sending the invoice via email to me and even had someone else in their office trying to figure it out and he wasn't able to get me an invoice emailed to me that would show up with the OBC listed. In the end he ended up taking a screen shot of what his computer screen was showing and sent that to me along with an apology and said that I could take that on the ship as proof if needed.

We've had OBC on several of our NCL cruises in the past and they showed up fine, but I always like to have some sort of proof if it is needed.

well, NCL still hasn't replied to my email. I will probably try again tomorrow.

I simply didn't think it would be such a problem to get that OBC. I knew it could be forgotten, which is why I made sure I check my final statement. But I did not know I would have had to call all over the place before the cruise already for something the website listed I would automatically get.

I didn't know this was just for European cruisers, I assumed every latitudes member would automatically receive OBC and assumed that there would be so many that this wouldn't be an issue.

I will probably never get that OBC, but I'd like to at least have a statement from NCL about this. They won't reply though. We'll see what happens.

Archived