Rome hotels, trying to decide...

We will be in Rome 3 nights/2 full days, prior to the cruise in July. I have narrowed down hotels for us to the Hosianum Palace, Colonna and possibly Hotel Mozart. We want location, since our time is limited. All three are near Spanish Steps. I would appreciate any feedback about any of these three. I am being pulled to the Hosianum Palace, but can get slightly better rates at the other two. Not really enough savings to make or break the decision, so this is why I can't make up my mind.:confused:

Janiece

Check reviews on Trip Advisor also. They have lots of reviews from those who have stayed at the various hotels. I know several people on these boards have used the Hotel Mozart and been very happy. I, myself, have not been there, so I can't comment.

We will be in Rome 3 nights/2 full days, prior to the cruise in July. I have narrowed down hotels for us to the Hosianum Palace, Colonna and possibly Hotel Mozart. We want location, since our time is limited. All three are near Spanish Steps. I would appreciate any feedback about any of these three. I am being pulled to the Hosianum Palace, but can get slightly better rates at the other two. Not really enough savings to make or break the decision, so this is why I can't make up my mind.:confused:

Janiece

I stayed at the Hosianum Palace last year.It is very clean and the staff very nice,and they do an ok breakfast.The rooms basically are all the same and the bathrooms are small or rather the showers are small.It is ok for 3 nights as the location is fine ( it is right up the street from L'Argentina where all the cats live),and you can walk just about anywhere.The entrance to the hotle is on a side street off the main through street and it looks like an ally,but it isn't.There are some nice restos up the street(alley) as well.Like I said..great location and clean and other's that have stayed there liked it as well.Roof top bar is nice.I can't speak for the other hotels,but hope this FYI helps.

I would like to add to this question. We would like to hear of others suggestions and recommendations re last night, ( this will be after 4 day post cruise in Tuscany) close to Rome airport.

Considerations for us are

- cost- mid range

- access to airport for a mid day departure

- as we wil be arriving into the area with a hire car, driver friendly!

- perhaps a hotel with a shuttle from hotel to airport.

Many thanks.

I would like to add to this question. We would like to hear of others suggestions and recommendations re last night, ( this will be after 4 day post cruise in Tuscany) close to Rome airport.

Considerations for us are

- cost- mid range

- access to airport for a mid day departure

- as we wil be arriving into the area with a hire car, driver friendly!

- perhaps a hotel with a shuttle from hotel to airport.

Many thanks.

Check out the Hilton at the airport..it is attached to one of the terminals.I don't have the link ofr it,but you can get it by using this link and you may find another hotel around the airport as well.

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

We stayed at the Hotel Mozart last May and loved the hotel and location. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Here's a link to some photos of the hotel and our room.

http://dan-julie.smugmug.com/gallery/1583468#76704857

Thanks for sharing your photos. Looks very nice. Did you happen to look into their Vivaldi Suites? There is really not THAT much difference when pricing Quad's. How was breakfast there? Spanish Steps nearby, easy walking to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Janiece

I stayed at the Hosianum Palace last year.It is very clean and the staff very nice,and they do an ok breakfast.The rooms basically are all the same and the bathrooms are small or rather the showers are small.It is ok for 3 nights as the location is fine ( it is right up the street from L'Argentina where all the cats live),and you can walk just about anywhere.The entrance to the hotle is on a side street off the main through street and it looks like an ally,but it isn't.There are some nice restos up the street(alley) as well.Like I said..great location and clean and other's that have stayed there liked it as well.Roof top bar is nice.I can't speak for the other hotels,but hope this FYI helps.

Karen:

You sound like it was just okay. The reviews on trip advisor gush about the hotel and staff for the most part. I have no doubts from my research that the location is good, but can you tell me how far was it to Spanish Steps area?

Janiece

Karen:

You sound like it was just okay. The reviews on trip advisor gush about the hotel and staff for the most part. I have no doubts from my research that the location is good, but can you tell me how far was it to Spanish Steps area?

Janiece

Compared to the hotels where I usally stay in Rome it was just okay,but we had been traveling for 3 weeks,and I needed a place near some friends apt. on a quick notice.It is a really popular hotel I can assure you,but I like bigger rooms,and I have a favorite area I generally like to stay in when in Rome(which is about 1/2 minute from the SS's on via del Corso).Anyway,the hotel HP will be about a 10 minute or so walk give or take a few minutes.If you use via del Corso as a guide on your map you can get just about any place BTW.

Thanks for sharing your photos. Looks very nice. Did you happen to look into their Vivaldi Suites? There is really not THAT much difference when pricing Quad's. How was breakfast there? Spanish Steps nearby, easy walking to restaurants, shopping, etc.

Janiece

We did not go into the Vivaldi Suites, they are in a different building. The breakfast was a nice selection of meats, chesses, rolls, hardboiled eggs, coffee, tea, cereals, juice. Spanish Steps were about a 5 minute walk, same for the high-end shopping area. There were plenty of restaurants and gelato shops near by.

Archived