first timer yeah i know this is old question

sac2

my girlfriend and i are planning our first cruise in december we are 28 and 32 what is the best ship for our age group...we were checking out ncl because of the bowling and movies under the stars...i wonder if this is just hype...then there is royal caribbean and carnival...we really are stumped if anyone can help us out with ship names with lots of activities with people having fun..in new york area which we hope to depart from we have ncl dawn...gem..rcl explorer seas...

my girlfriend and i are planning our first cruise in december we are 28 and 32 what is the best ship for our age group...we were checking out ncl because of the bowling and movies under the stars...i wonder if this is just hype...then there is royal caribbean and carnival...we really are stumped if anyone can help us out with ship names with lots of activities with people having fun..in new york area which we hope to depart from we have ncl dawn...gem..rcl explorer seas...

Loved NCL, but have only sailed with them once on our honeymoon! Depends on what you're looking for in a cruise. Do you like lots of activites? Do you like a festive atmosphere? If so, you will find a younger demographic on Carnival. If you're sailing in the peak season (when school is out), you will also get lots of families! If it's your first cruise, doubtful you will have a bad experience! So, then I would have to ask, where are you cruising to, for how long and what ports? :)

Wanted to comment that the new ships, the Gem specifically, will have the bowling. It is Princess that has Movies under the stars. And the Dawn doesn't have bowling but it's a beautiful ship.

I haven't been on the Explorer or the Gem since it isn't out yet, but there are many reviews on the Dawn and I can personally say it's a great ship. As for the age group, there will be people of your age probably on most of the lines such as NCL, RCI, or Carnival. Much of that depends on the time of year you go also. As another poster said, if it's during a holiday or summer there will be many families.

It's hard to pinpoint which would be best for your specific age group, as I said, there are various ages among all the ships. Any of them you pick you should have a good time. So I'd actually start with itinerary and your price budget rather than age. And make your choice from there.:)

Have fun whatever you decide.:D

Hard to say because everyone has different tastes. But with my experience with family cruising, which included all age ranges from kids up to seniors, the line that satisfied the late 20-30's group the most was RCCL. My husband and I are older and appreciate a bit more quiet and we enjoy Celebrity and Oceania. Each line has pros and cons. Mealtimes and dress might be something you would have strong feeings about. Nightly entertainment? More options on some lines. Lots of kids around? Some ships/itiniraries, oh, yes. Geez there's a lot to narrow it down. Talk to an agent or continue to read the threads here. Just look for the line that you think will fit you and you'll probably pick right. Have a great time!

Loved NCL, but have only sailed with them once on our honeymoon! Depends on what you're looking for in a cruise. Do you like lots of activites? Do you like a festive atmosphere? If so, you will find a younger demographic on Carnival. If you're sailing in the peak season (when school is out), you will also get lots of families! If it's your first cruise, doubtful you will have a bad experience! So, then I would have to ask, where are you cruising to, for how long and what ports? :)

thanks to everybody for your responses...i am hoping to go caribbean..ports hmm dont really matter yet im still looking...once i get this ship thing down i let you know even though i havent decided on ship yet i cant wait till december for my first cruise..

Archived