Cell Phones-Carnival-W. Caribbean??

We're taking a cruise on Carnival to Belize, Costa Maya, Cozumel and Cayman Islands. I was wondering if anyone knows if we'd be able to use our cell phones there? I have a Virgin Oyster-Sprint phone and my husband has Nextel service.

We were just on the Carnival Ecstasy and cell phones worked on the ship but you had to pay international rates.

I have Sprint. You have to call Sprint before your trip to enable international calling and they will probably have to download an update to your phone. They will also be able to tell you which countries your phone will work in. I have been to all of the places you mentioned and I think Sprint only works on Cozumel and the Cayman Islands but Sprint can tell you for sure. You have to switch your phone over to analog and dial the US country code before dialing the area code and number. Sprint's international rates vary depending on which country you are calling from. Cozumel is 99 cents per minute.

Archived