orlando-rental car?

We've used Budget in the past... www.budget.com It has worked out very well. A rental car is definitely the least expensive method to get to Port Canaveral.

Budget has an office very close to Port Canaveral with a shuttle to/from the Port. Since there are 4 of you, I would suggest driving the car to the port and dropping off the luggage and everyone but the driver of the car before returning it.

There are generally discount codes at this site for all the Florida car rental companies... http://www.mousesavers.com/ The code we used for our last rental was... W810011

We generally pay around $40 for a one way rental between MCO and Port Canaveral.

Definitely go with Budget. When you walk out of the terminal the entrance to Budget is across the street. So much easier than taking a shuttle to car rentals. Also we stayed (I think) at Radisson in Port Canaveral and Budget was less than 2 blocks away. Good rates with breakfast included and shuttle to Port.

Budget was easy.. no wait for shuttle. We also rented car again when we got back- shuttle was there waiting for us to get off ship-- picked up a car again & went to Universal on way to airport. (I don't recommend Universal - we wasted an hour in line for parking garage. I'd do one of the less traveled Disney parks like Animal Kingdom, or, Sea World). Budget was so easy.

We used Thrifty car rental each way. They have an office right by Port Canaveral and shuttle to ship. Coming back very easy too, just got on shuttle back to Thrifty and got another car back to Orlando. Office in Orlando is right off airport property, but shuttle is provided and service was quick. We were in our car within 15 mins!

I've had problems with Budget in the past, their desk is inside airport and had a long wait in line, almost 2 hrs to get car that we already had a reservation for.

I'm sorry to hear you had problems with Budget. We used Budget 3x in Orlando and never had to wait at the desk. What I did do is when we landed my husband waited for luggage (and that does take time) and I went immediately to Budget counter and had no problem waiting.

Archived