Freeport - Semi-Submersible vs. Glass Bottom Boat

jhaasz

Could anyone tell me (other than the price) what the difference is between the semi-submersible (we have done this in Grand Cayman) and what the Glass Bottom Boat is? We are thinking of doing this in Freeport but are not sure.

Thanks!

My family (some of them) recently did the Semi Submersible and were tickled with it. You get to sit by a window and see much more than on a glass bottom boat. I have never really gotten much out of the glass bottom boat trip.

Gene in Birmingham

I'm all set with excursions at Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman, and now I need some advice on Freeport. We probably will go with the "semi-sub" choice. Did you book this through the ship or a private operator? If the latter, could you please give me the info? Thanks very much. ML :)

We've done both semisubmersable's and glass bottom boats. We've even ridden in a glass bottom helicopter.

IMO, the glass bottom boats are worthless for viewing anything. The semisubmersable allowed much better viewing. If I were choosing between the two with the intention of viewing things underwater, I'd go with the semisubmersable. If I wanted to go for a boat ride, I'd choose the glass bottom boat.

It's a little claustrophobic in there. My wife had some issues with the tight spaces. Pesonally, I did fine and don't recall having to duck. But then again, I'm only around 5'9". The winows were pretty large and at an angle. I didn't recall having any problems seeing out of them.

Archived